x99s sli plus bios update gone wrong!

Hi guys I have a serious issue. Bought my board no more than a month ago.

I had some issue with freezing and updated all drivers checked memory etc none of which worked. So I decided to update the bios. There were 5 updates after my current version. I downloaded the latest using live update. I updated using live update and this caused the bios not to boot.

So following MSI instructions and created the boot flash disk and booted into the other bios (dual bios board) then switched the bios after the flash drive loaded and followed the prompts. Worked fine.

But then I decided to also update the other bios, following the same procedure. But i think i switched the bios switched too early before the software on the flash drive loaded properly. Now both bios are dead? can this be fixed? The board has a reset cmos switch tried that to no avail. 

When i say, dead there is no display, monitor stays in standby mode fans are on though.

New board time?

You may have bricked your board, sir.. 

Hi guys I have a serious issue. Bought my board no more than a month ago.

I had some issue with freezing and updated all drivers checked memory etc none of which worked. So I decided to update the bios. There were 5 updates after my current version. I downloaded the latest using live update. I updated using live update and this caused the bios not to boot.

So following MSI instructions and created the boot flash disk and booted into the other bios (dual bios board) then switched the bios after the flash drive loaded and followed the prompts. Worked fine.

But then I decided to also update the other bios, following the same procedure. But i think i switched the bios switched too early before the software on the flash drive loaded properly. Now both bios are dead? can this be fixed? The board has a reset cmos switch tried that to no avail.

When i say, dead there is no display, monitor stays in standby mode fans are on though.

New board time?

RMA it, or ask MSI if there is a fix.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Alright i would ask!

Don't forget to:

1.follow your topics

2.reply or @someone so they get a notification and know you're talking to them.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

• 3 weeks later...

@FruitBasketSilex hey, a bit late but here i am

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Imo, you managed to successfully brick your board. I would call MSI and explain what happened and ask them if they can send you just a BIOS chip, in case they are physically replaceable and not soldered on to the board. The other thing is to file for an RMA and act stupid, saying that you have no idea what has caused the PC not to boot at all.

Something similar happened on my GTX 770 and I got my cash back, cause the manufacturer has no way to prove that it was you who actually destroyed the BIOS. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here