Want to buy a new PSU

JonnyD

Hey guy, girls, I want to buy a new PSU for my computer. I have no budget but I want to get 1 powerful enough to run the R9 290X. My computer is used for gaming if any 1 needs to know. I am currentley using the corsair TX650. 

PC Specs Bellow:

Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz

RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX

Graphics
R9280X 

That is a large enough psu to run a 290X of.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Ye maybe but  when I tried to run the R9 290X it worked for a bit then stopped working. I read some posts on forums and some people said that it's not powerful enough or my PSU it faulty so altogether i just want to buy a new PSU.

That is a large enough psu to run a 290X of.

That's n e point, maybe his is broken. Be its defective and he wants a new one. He asked for a good new psu. Telling him that his is fine is NOT helpful feedback

That's n e point, maybe his is broken. Be its defective and he wants a new one. He asked for a good new psu. Telling him that his is fine is NOT helpful feedback

Why is it not good feedback ? The op's current psu is enough for a 290X. Unless it is faulty then the problem could lie elsewhere.

Why is it not good feedback ? The op's current psu is enough for a 290X. Unless it is faulty then the problem could lie elsewhere.

He has the psu in his possession, if it worked fine he most likely wouldn't have made a post asking if it was good.

I refer to the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

He has the psu in his possession, if it worked fine he most likely wouldn't have made a post asking if it was good.

I refer to the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

If the psu was at fault it would more than likely power off straight away. The fact that it doesn't would indicate that the problem might be elsewhere. The op could buy a new psu and still have the same issue.

If the psu was at fault it would more than likely power off straight away. The fact that it doesn't would indicate that the problem might be elsewhere. The op could buy a new psu and still have the same issue.

Well all that he said was that the wattage was fine, that's not even what was causing the issue so even he couldn't have been referring to the psu working and then not

Ye maybe but  when I tried to run the R9 290X it worked for a bit then stopped working. I read some posts on forums and some people said that it's not powerful enough or my PSU it faulty so altogether i just want to buy a new PSU.

Define "stopped working". If the PSU is not enough or faulty, it would shut off the system when under load. Because like others have said the TX650 should be enough.

"Rawr XD"

This is what happened With my R9 290X. On a Sunday I turned on my computer then It started beeping, so I did some research on my laptop and read it could be a ram issue, so I took out the RAM put it back in but the same thing. So then I tried tacking out my graphics card out (R9 290X) Cleaned it and put it back in. Same issue. So then I put in my very old graphics card ( AMD radeon HD 7970) of course taking out the new 1 (R9 290X) And my computer started fine. So naturally i assumed it was a Graphics card issue and returned it straight away. But then I created a post and a few people said it could be a faulty PSU. 

Just as a reference, I'm running a i5 2500K @4.6GHz and a R9 290X on a beQuiet E8 550 with no power issues what so ever.

So I agree, assuming the PSU isn't faulty it would be enough.

I had a faulty GTX 560 once that would randomly crash the system so maybe your GPU is faulty. Can you check the individual components in another system?

This is what happened With my R9 290X. On a Sunday I turned on my computer then It started beeping, so I did some research on my laptop and read it could be a ram issue, so I took out the RAM put it back in but the same thing. So then I tried tacking out my graphics card out (R9 290X) Cleaned it and put it back in. Same issue. So then I put in my very old graphics card ( AMD radeon HD 7970) of course taking out the new 1 (R9 290X) And my computer started fine. So naturally i assumed it was a Graphics card issue and returned it straight away. But then I created a post and a few people said it could be a faulty PSU. 

Faulty PSU means that either:

-Your PC turns off when it's under load

-PC doesn't turn on at all (no beeps, no lights, no fans)

I'd say issue with your GPU or mobo. 

"Rawr XD"

@Bean86 no I cant check the component in another system because I sent the graphics card back. 

You know what people on this forum are like they would tell you that you need a 1500 watt psu just to power a single AMD card and I'm telling him that if the psu isn't broken then he dosen't need a new psu.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!