Compression Fittings choices

Unfortunately for me, I have only used BP compression fittings in the past (friends builds).  Now that I am finally creating the list for my own build, of all things, I am stuck in the choice of fittings.

I am honestly having a hard time justifying the premium on BP fittings (although they are quite lovely), in light of there being so many other choices out there.  On the other end of the spectrum, XSPC fittings are dirt cheap, but in that choice I am stuck with my old mentality of "If something is so cheap...its for a reason".

So.. right now I'm exploring what I would call the middle-ground priced compressions. EKs, Koolance, Monsoons, but have no experience with them at all.  Between those three which would you guys choose (based on your own experiences ideally).  Or, is there such a quality difference between BP, that their price is justified?

If it matters anything, I'm looking at 3/8 x 5/8.

:)

I have monsoons and they are super hard to put on, my fingers hurt, almost to the point where I might get bitspower ones. 

The Alphacool compressions look like Bitspower's and are cheaper, not sure about the quality.

If you get something other than what you're used to you should just make sure you work out how their compression works.

Bitspower relies on the compression ring and uses a smaller ridge on the barb, whereas some other brands rely more on a larger barb ridge.

Screw a compression ring too tight on their fittings (as tight as you would with a bitspower) and you'll never use that fitting again - because it will seize on the tubing.

Bp fittings are the way to go.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Bp fittings are the way to go.

No i would maybe go with EK fittings, but if those are out of your price range, then go with BP, like ara said.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

No i would maybe go with EK fittings, but if those are out of your price range, then go with BP, like ara said.

Ek fittings are way cheaper Oo

However if you need "special fittings" you'll have to go to bitspower/koolance probably.

Ek fittings are way cheaper Oo

However if you need "special fittings" you'll have to go to bitspower/koolance probably.

What do you mean by "special fittings?" I mean EK does have those "special fittings" you are saying.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What do you mean by "special fittings?" I mean EK does have those "special fittings" you are saying.

Dual rotaries, male-to-male, female-to-female, fill port, valve, sensors, t/y-fittings/blocks etc. etc.

Dual rotaries, male-to-male, female-to-female, fill port, valve, sensors, t/y-fittings/blocks etc. etc.

Yeah, i guess you're right. I didn't see anything special on EKWB.com but i did see the fill port in accessories.

This and QDCs do make koolance fittings really appealing. Its odd that with some vendors, 45 degree adapters are at times more costly than the fitting itself.  It is interesting to see that no one has anything good to say about XSPC fittings, given they are the cheapest.

I am not gonna lie, cost isnt really an issue as long as the fittings are solid. Its more about justifying the cost of BP fittings given there are so many other choices out there that realistically may just be as good, without requiring a premium for its brand.

Heh, maybe places like PPCs or Frozen should offer a fittings sampler  :P

Yeah, i guess you're right. I didn't see anything special on EKWB.com but i did see the fill port in accessories.

Really? I didn't see that anywhere.

having used both BP fittings and some cheap Chinese knock offs. I would say, they work exactly the same, except one thing: rotary fittings much easier to work with, and finish on the BP is much nicer. So go whatever your budget allows.