New upcoming first build Components! NEED ADVICE!

Cobiee

Hey guys im planning my very first pc build and These are the parts I have picked out so far, I have done alot of research and I am very confident in my ability to get everything put together and working correctly, Here are most of my parts I have chosen so far, any advice or recommendations would greatly be appreciated!

Intel core I7 3770K 3.40GHZ

MSI Z77 Mpower 1155 Mobo

2 x Asus gtx 670 Directcu

32gb of Corsair vengeance low profile ddr3 1600mhz ram

1200W Silverstone strider gold evolution fully modular PSU

512GB OCZ Vector 2.5'' SSD

H100i closed loop cpu cooler

Also im putting all this in a Zalman Z11 Case and I have corsair air flow and air penetration fans for the radiator and case,

Any suggestions or recommendations for any hardware that would benefit the performance for the price compared to what I have chosen here,

Thanks in advance !

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

This looks like an awesome build. But i was just wondering what you are going to use it for if it is only gaming this is a huge overkill but if you are going to use it for stuff like video editing then this build awesome.

This looks like an awesome build. But i was just wondering what you are going to use it for if it is only gaming this is a huge overkill but if you are going to use it for stuff like video editing then this build awesome.
Thanks and a bit of anything and everything really, gaming mostly but im wanting to future proof so I won't have upgrade it in a while even when newer games come out

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Recommend - go with an i5 3570k - once overclocked a bit can hit the performance of the 3770k and save you a few bucks. And no, I don't see much on the horizon that would make a difference one way or the other for gaming based on those CPU options.

Also - that PSU is way overkill - go with something like a Corsair AX860i - then you can also link it in with Corsair Link with the cooler, etc.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Recommend - go with an i5 3570k - once overclocked a bit can hit the performance of the 3770k and save you a few bucks. And no, I don't see much on the horizon that would make a difference one way or the other for gaming based on those CPU options.

Also - that PSU is way overkill - go with something like a Corsair AX860i - then you can also link it in with Corsair Link with the cooler, etc.

Thanks man, are you sure an 860w psu will be enough for two 670s?

860W is more than enough, you could run a 700W unit aswell just fine. But the 860i is a good option also with the Link capabilities a Whaler said.

A few things:

CPU: I know it might be tempting to buy the 3770K, but believe me, if you're going to be playing games mostly, then go for the 3570K, and save some money. There's no difference between those CPU's when it comes down to gaming performance.

RAM: 32GB is a LOT of RAM, I dare you to even use half of that when playing games, Save yourself some more money and ease up with the amount of RAM you have here.

PSU: As mentioned by Whaler and Dave, 1200W is a bit overkill on the powersupply, I couldn't really come up with a better suggestion myself, so like Dave and Whaler said; the 860i would be great as you could use Corsair Link together with the H100i.

Apart from all that the build looks amazing, good luck with it!

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

I'm not a fan of Zalman Z cases, don't get me wrong they are decent cases and have amazing value but my issue with them is cable managment, in the Z9 the 24 pin is very difficult to get in there so that the back side pannel closes without having to force it, I spent almost an hour trying to manage that and I still have a few millimetres to go until it closes properly and the Z11 doesn't look like it has anymore room in the back.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I'd recommend you go for a single GTX 680 rather than 2 GTX 670's, especially if you're planning on using a 1080p monitor.

Good Morning...

yeah step back to 2x8gb the ,gskill ripjaws x series are awesome

Firetruck will never die.

If you will be mainly gaming then go with a 3570K versus the 3770K as there will be minimal performance gain.

Why do you need two GTX 670's? If you will only be running at 1080p then one will be more then enough. If you are looking to mainly game then I'd recommend the Radeon 7970, if you will benefit from CUDA then go for the GTX 670.

You don't need to pay $200 for a motherboard, I'd recommend you go with an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H / MSI Z77A-GD65 / ASUS P8Z77-V -- they can all be found for roughly the same price (~$150) and offer near enough the same features plus will allow for SLI/CrossFireX if you need it.

32GB of RAM is a waste of money, plain and simple. If you're just gaming then grab 8GB 1600MHz, if rendering then grab 16GB 1600MHz.

PSU is not needed and complete overkill. You can run that system you have posted with a 700W PSU, I would recommend something like a Rosewill HIVE 750W for that system, it's a high quality unit at a very low cost and is semi-modular and the price of the unit is $90. If you will only be running one GPU then the 650W will be more than enough can be found for $80.

-- If you really did want a fully modular unit then you could get the 750W version for the PSU you picked, Silverstone ST75F-G.

H100 has a horrible price : performance ratio just like mostly every AIO cooler. You can spend $80 and get near enough the same performance, if not the same with a Noctua NH-D14 or Phanteks PH-C14PE. If you're only looking to overclock a little then get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for $35, it will be able to give your system a respectable overclock.

Why do you need such a big SSD? You can easily grab a 128GB Crucial M4 for about $110 and use that for your boot drive, applications and even some games. You could then buy a Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black for $100 and use that for storage. Easily save money there.

You can easily save a ton of money especially if you aren't rendering or doing multi-threaded tasks.

if it is futureproofing you are looking for you should check out this video from Linus

but if you just want to build a super system just because you can i understand that too i did it myself :)

Thanks for all the feed back guys! I will take your comments and recommendations on board :) much appreciated