How many radiators / pump res combo

Hey guys,

I need help with my first water cooling project. I want a custom water cooling loop for my two GPUs, my CPU and my motherboard (ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA).

My questions:

• How many radiators do I need?
  • Which pump should I buy?

I want quit operation and a reservoir pump combo that I can put in one of my drive bays.

PS: I live in Austria, Europe, so please don’t recommend something from Swiftech because the shipping is like 50$

D5 pump

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The counter question is what case are you planning to use?

A good rule of thumb is one fan per component so you want 3 or 4 fans worth. Two 240mm or one 120 and one 360 etc. If you want quiet maybe Alphacool Monstas lower fin densitys work better with slower fans.

D5 or DDC pumps are the popular choice two is better than one for redundance what is best for you depends on what will fit in your case

5x 120 or 4x 140 is the required minimum here to get the benefits out of water cooling, to run the fans quietly at low rps and still get low temps.

Also D5 is the way to go IMHO

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

non-overclocking (no voltage tweaks) 280x 60 rad can support it all.

overclocking with voltage tweaks 360x 60 and 240x 60.

laing ddc 18watts or higher or the laing d5. any of the manufacturers variants will

be fine (same pumps different labels).

The counter question is what case are you planning to use?

A good rule of thumb is one fan per component so you want 3 or 4 fans worth. Two 240mm or one 120 and one 360 etc. If you want quiet maybe Alphacool Monstas lower fin densitys work better with slower fans.

D5 or DDC pumps are the popular choice two is better than one for redundance what is best for you depends on what will fit in your case

I have the Corsair 760T and enough space to fit a 280 x 60, a 120 x 60 and a 360 x 45 radiator.

Is that enought?

For the pump I think I will get the EK-DBAY D5

you have a big case, using the bay res will make everything look small inside

the chassis. your choice.. 

360x 60 in the roof and 240x 60 in the front intake.

sub 1200 rpm fans (single set, no need for push pull).

you have a big case, using the bay res will make everything look small inside

the chassis. your choice.. 

360x 60 in the roof and 240x 60 in the front intake.

sub 1200 rpm fans (single set, no need for push pull).

There is not enought space in the top for a 360 x 60 radiator. 

I just measured and there are about 8 cm from the top to the start of the moatherboard.

Is a 280 x 60 and a 360 x 45 radiator enought or should I add the 120 x 60 on the bottom?