X99 deluxe wifi not working

I have an Asus x99 deluxe and after recently updating the bios to the newest version both my Ubuntu gnome and Windows installs refuse to detect the wifi module. I have tried clearing the cmos, reinstalling windows and reinstalling the wifi driver but it still doesn't show up. Also the asus bios for some weird reason does not allow me to downgrade to older bios versions so that seems to not be an option. I contacted asus and all they offered me was to send the board in for an rma but with asus's normal turnaround times that could take almost a month and I can't afford to have this board gone for so long. Amy ideas on how to fix the module?

Did you check if there was any physical damage? Also when you installed windows you didn't see any wifi card in device manager?

this doesn't surprise me...there are a lot of problems with asus deluxe x99  and even the non deluxe models

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Did you check if there was any physical damage? Also when you installed windows you didn't see any wifi card in device manager?

Originally when I installed the driver windows automatically associated it with the wifi card

I have an Asus x99 deluxe and after recently updating the bios to the newest version both my Ubuntu gnome and Windows installs refuse to detect the wifi module. I have tried clearing the cmos, reinstalling windows and reinstalling the wifi driver but it still doesn't show up. Also the asus bios for some weird reason does not allow me to downgrade to older bios versions so that seems to not be an option. I contacted asus and all they offered me was to send the board in for an rma but with asus's normal turnaround times that could take almost a month and I can't afford to have this board gone for so long. Amy ideas on how to fix the module?

Use the USB BIOS Flashback to revert to your old BIOS version.

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

That should work, and is essentially a hard reset for whatever BIOS version you would like to be on.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Use the USB BIOS Flashback to revert to your old BIOS version.

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

That should work, and is essentially a hard reset for whatever BIOS version you would like to be on.

I tried that and its somehow still not working. The weird thing is, is that the bluetooth is working fine

Reinstall Windows and see if it works.

I tried that already but I'll try it again after now downgrading the bios

Try the drivers directly from the wifi cards website. Can't remember, if it was Intel.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I tried that and its somehow still not working. The weird thing is, is that the bluetooth is working fine

The BIOS version is not changing/USB Flashback is not working, or the WiFi still does not work after changing the BIOS version?

If USB Flashback is failing to complete you may have a corrupted BIOS, although that should not really affect the WiFi. :huh:

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

The BIOS version is not changing/USB Flashback is not working, or the WiFi still does not work after changing the BIOS version?

If USB Flashback is failing to complete you may have a corrupted BIOS, although that should not really affect the WiFi. :huh:

I was able to flash an older bios but it didn't seem to help

Try the drivers directly from the wifi cards website. Can't remember, if it was Intel.

It's broadcom from what I understand and they don't provide drivers directly

this doesn't surprise me...there are a lot of problems with asus deluxe x99 and even the non deluxe models

Really? When I called asus they told me they hadn't seen any reports of similar issues and I couldn't find any similar reports through Google.

It's broadcom from what I understand and they don't provide drivers directly

There are 2 listed WiFi driver downloads on the ASUS support page for the board, if you're on Win 7 have you tried the old non-Win8 combo driver? listed as:

Wi-Fi Driver V6.30.223.249 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)

If you're on Win 8 disregard.

I now tried testing ethernet and it seems that's not working either so it seems something must be physically wrong because I've tried both Linux(ubuntu) and Windows drivers with both not helping at all. Also they both used to work so is it possible that a trace was scratched or the cpu positioned incorrectly?

There are 2 listed WiFi driver downloads on the ASUS support page for the board, if you're on Win 7 have you tried the old non-Win8 combo driver? listed as:

Wi-Fi Driver V6.30.223.249 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)

If you're on Win 8 disregard.

I'm on 8 so yeah

What would I look for if it was physical damage?

Did you make sure the wifi was enabled in the bios and everywhere else it could be for that matter? You might try iobit drive booster, I've used it as it can find drivers I can't and never had any problems out of it.

Did you make sure the wifi was enabled in the bios and everywhere else it could be for that matter? You might try iobit drive booster, I've used it as it can find drivers I can't and never had any problems out of it.

I think that at this point it's not drivers and I'm probably just going to get an rma from asus

Have you checked the bios to make sure it's enabled? You could probably call them for a troubleshoot.