HTC J Butterfly HTV31 announced in Japan

On Thursday one of major carriers in Japan KDDI announced several new smartphones, which included phones from Samsung, LG, Sharp and others. One of these phones is the rumored HTC Butterfly 3, which called "HTC J butterfly HTV31".

htc-j-buttefly-tn.jpg

The Butterfly series phones are one of HTC's flagship smartphones, which will firstly launched in Japan, and later exclusively available in other Asian countries. This J Butterfly HTV31 is the forth gen Butterfly series smartphone ( from Butterfly -> Butterfly S -> Butterfly 2 -> J Butterfly), and this HTV31 looks like a mix of several HTC smartphones.

Photos of the new J Butterfly

htvjbtf08.jpg

htvjbtf11.jpg

htvjbtf07.jpg

htvjbtf10.jpg

htvjbtf09.jpg

htvjbtf12.jpg

Firstly, it has the same internal as the M9, as it has the octa-core Snapdragon 810 chip in it, together with 3GB ram, 32GB rom, and the Toshiba 20MP camrea module. But instead of the 5" 1080p screen as the M9, it has a 5.2", 565ppi pixel density Quad HD (2560×1440) display, same as the M9+. The HTV31 also has the Duo camera module, same as the M9+, although the position of the module is upside down.

In addition, it has a 13MP front-facing camera, and a pair of hidden boomsound speakers (with Dolby Audio), which just like the Desire Eye, are integrated into a small slit between the touchscreen glass and the white phone body. Lastly, like the last gen Butterfly 2 it has a plastic-made water and dust proof chassis with a glossy back (available in red, white and blue, and I'm still looking for its rating).

Besides all these features, the phone has a microSD card slot, housed a 2,700mAh battery, supports LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, and NFC, and runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with Sense 7 UI right out of the box. A Dot-View case is also announced alongside this phone as an available accessories.

The phone is now exclusively available in Japan, which I believe it will be available in other Asian countries later this year. If it has a metal chassis, it would be my dream HTC flagship smartphone of 2015. But what do you think? Should this be HTC's flagship instead of the M9/M9+?

Promotional video from HTC Japan

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTCs-J-Butterfly-is-official-in-Japan-its-most-specd-out-phone-ever-SD-810-20MP-Duo-camera-QHD-display_id69263

http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150514_701777.html (in Japanese, and hands-on photos are available in this article)

Japan always gets them nice phones :(

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

America needs to get this, ASAP. This is so much better than the normal M9, as the person above has said

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I like this way more than the regular HTC ONE M9.

America needs to get this, ASAP. This is so much better than the normal M9, as the person above has said

Why ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Why ???

Looks better although a part of me wishes it was still aluminum with the colours that would look awesome.

Looks better although a part of me wishes it was still aluminum with the colours that would look awesome.

Can't they just anodise aluminium ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

...I -really- like the look of that.  Blows the style of the One M8 away.

Why ???

Because the M9 is a piece of crap compared to the rest of the market, it is a pitiful upgrade from the M8, it is sacked with the worst processor on the market and in general is a ho-hum device being bought by people who are in denial that they should've gotten a S6 or G4 or Z4 instead. 

Can't they just anodise aluminium ?

Yea thats what i wish they did but from the looks of it they used plastic.

Snap 810... is this gonna throttle?

Also "HTC J butterfly HTV31". Their naming department needs to be shot.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Because the M9 is a piece of crap compared to the rest of the market, it is a pitiful upgrade from the M8, it is sacked with the worst processor on the market and in general is a ho-hum device being bought by people who are in denial that they should've gotten a S6 or G4 or Z4 instead.

This one still uses the 810 so ??? and also the Z4 isn't released yet is it ?

But yes I think the s6 and G4 are better than the M9.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I'm not sure why everyone dislikes the M9 so much, the M8 was praised and pretty much everyone agreed the camera was its only major downfall. So HTC gives us the new version with a better camera and specs and everyone just hates on it..

-J.T.

Fake. Doesn't have a huge HTC logo on both sides.

I'm not sure why everyone dislikes the M9 so much, the M8 was praised and pretty much everyone agreed the camera was its only major downfall. So HTC gives us the new version with a better camera and specs and everyone just hates on it..

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/04/in-depth-with-the-snapdragon-810s-heat-problems/

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2406975/htc-one-m9-lackluster-sales-to-blame-on-snapdragon-810-chip

If you want to know what Linus thinks https://www.vessel.com/videos/eReDkmPNw

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.