dumb ways you thought PCs worked

What actually happened I have always been curious.

I realized it was impossible when I stumbled across a gem called Linus

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

You mean no viruses or malware or anything bad.

I was about to download then I realized that many surveys and flashing words is fishy.

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

You should have done it I have always wondered what happens when someone is actually stupid enough to do it.

I was 8...

Yea but you were smart enough not to download it always wonder what happens when you go all the way through with it.

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/after you kind sir

Yea

There is this revolutionary new browser http://ultronbrowser.io/

I thought PC's where good then I got my Xbox ONe

though i could add a GPU in to my laptop which was some crap HP lol BTW i was like 7

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

I just remembered that I went to install new drivers for GPU when I didn't even have the hardware.

I thought PC's where good then I got my Xbox ONe

post-8310-0-27408500-1432012988.jpg

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

speed and power is the solution to everything

Depending on what you want that is... 

oh god reading this forum made me really thankful that i grew up whit my cousins teaching me about computers and stuff i never had the moment where i didnt know about stuff on a computer. But on the negative side i was the only one of my generation where i lived to be grown up whit c64 and amiga 500 around me which is to be expected since i was born in 97 but on the positive side i learned about old hardware and have mad respect to it especially the tracker scene and the demo scene which is really relevant still to this day in finland

I never (until now) realised how lucky I was to have my father work at Computer World. We had (and for some unknown reason still have) a bunch of old computers in the garage. They were open in most cases, so that I saw what are computers made of. By the time I was about to go to school, I played SimCity and Need For Speed a lot. However my first encounters with PCs were linux machines only (that gaming thing was dualbooting). Believe me, linux teaches you a lot.

I was surprised my PC (without that GPU) wasn't able to run Assassins' Creed 2.

I had all settings on High  <_<

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I didn't know they existed before my friend got a PC from a place around here that threw in a HD7770

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

At the age of 11 I was sure that GPU can be upgraded by simply adding another graphic card to the existing one, just like I did with my RAM (64+128Mb). Back in the days there were no dual-channeling and no SLI/Crossfire either, but it still sounded quite logical to just simply add another card to your system.

By that time I haven't seen PC's guts yet, so it all was making sence to me. I mean, why not, right? ;) 

I should get a buissness going on fixing and building PCs...

back in the day i had a lot of people hitting their monitors when the pcwas running slowly.

and i remember thinking "at least hit the tower because the monitor is doing exactly what it needs to do" 

but yeah that about the dumbest thing i encountered hitting hardware to make it go faster

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

back in the day i had a lot of people hitting their monitors when the pcwas running slowly.

and i remember thinking "at least hit the tower because the monitor is doing exactly what it needs to do" 

but yeah that about the dumbest thing i encountered hitting hardware to make it go faster

Clicking, almost hitting a mous button harder to make a weblink open faster.

Clicking, almost hitting a mous button harder to make a weblink open faster.

yeah i have to admit i still move the mouse like crazy when something isnt loading fast enough as if me moving the cursor all over the place is gonna let the system know im impatient

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3