What is Utilization Limit?

WhatComesAround
Go to solution Solved by ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName,

Utilization limit is at 100% when the card lowers its clock because it's not fully utilized. This usually happens when you aren't playing a game or doing other stuff that utilizes your GPU. Have you checked whether it stays at 1 while playing a game? Cause then it should be at 0.

Voltage limit means that your card isn't boosting higher because the card doesn't get enough voltage. You want this to be at 1 while playing games or benchmarking.

So I was playing gta v and I am kinda new to overclocking so this Utilization Limit is kinda unfamiliar to me, could someone please explain it to me? And with that said what is Voltage Limit? And why does the Utilization Limit stay at 1?

Utilization in other words is usage. If the utilization is at 100% that means the device is working to it's full capacity.

Ohh ok, and why does it stay at 100% after I get out of game (1)?

Utilization limit is at 100% when the card lowers its clock because it's not fully utilized. This usually happens when you aren't playing a game or doing other stuff that utilizes your GPU. Have you checked whether it stays at 1 while playing a game? Cause then it should be at 0.

Voltage limit means that your card isn't boosting higher because the card doesn't get enough voltage. You want this to be at 1 while playing games or benchmarking.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

If the card is not boosting higher because it is not getting enough voltage then does that mean I should increase the core voltage?

If the card is not boosting higher because it is not getting enough voltage then does that mean I should increase the core voltage?

If you want to overclock it higher and your temps and power limit are fine, then you can do it. However, voltage limit will always be the limit that you get if you hit neither of the thermal/power/utilization limits. Voltage limit is pretty much the limit that's best to get, because it means that the card is neither limited by power draw nor by temperature.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

If you want to overclock it higher and your temps and power limit are fine, then you can do it. However, voltage limit will always be the limit that you get if you hit neither of the thermal/power/utilization limits. Voltage limit is pretty much the limit that's best to get, because it means that the card is neither limited by power draw nor by temperature.

Now as it seems to me that you are pretty wise in this topic, id like to ask what profile usage is?