Upgrading to R9 280x

C#Wizard

Hi,

I might buy a MSI R9 280x, however I'm not sure if my CPU will be a problem. (Bottleneck?) Unfortunately my budget isn't big enough to go for a R9 290 or a GTX 970. What do you guys think, would the CPU limit the performance of the R9 280x? I've read several posts and they say the CPU will probably bottleneck the card, however I personally doubt it because I'm using a single 1080p monitor and that's it.

Specs:

MSI GTX 660 2 GB OC

AMD FX-6300 Six core @ 3,5ghz

Card:

MSI R9 280X 3 GB (http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R9-280X-GAMING-3G.html#hero-specification)

Should be fine, maybe a very very small bottleneck is some badly optimized games! But as soon as you can I would switch it for a nice quad core i5 as they are the best price wise! 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Eh, it shouldn't be a huge problem. In some poorly optimized games it might be kinda bottlenecky.

Dx12 may help it though.

After you purchase your 280x, I would buy a used Zeon E3 off of Ebay, of you are comfortable with that. They offer really good Price per performance.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.