CPU runs at 100% all time

theam123

Hello..

So I've had this problem for a while.

Whenever I start a game my CPU goes to 100% instantly and stays there, and whenever im just browsing webs it uses just about 50-70% all the time. 

I have a 4790k overclocked to 4.4 and I can't seem to understand why I'm having this problem.

My friends computer, who runs a 4690k, has no troubles doing this. He calmly runs various of games and surfing without hitting any of those limits at all.

I really hope someone will help me with this issues. I've tried to only run the game and add up all the different CPU cores and it was 30-40% away from 100% usage, eventho it said 100% usage. 

This ruins my gaming experience as I tend to get a lot of lagspikes.

Thank you

(I have run anti malware, avg, spybot and so on several times without anything happening)

Post a pic of your task manager sorted by CPU usage.

When in doubt, re-format.

Hello..

Whenever I start a game my CPU goes to 100% instantly and stays there, and whenever im just browsing webs it uses just about 50-70% all the time. 

I have a 4790k overclocked to 4.4 and I can't seem to understand why I'm having this problem.

My friends computer, who runs a 4690k, has no troubles doing this. He calmly runs various of games and surfing without hitting any of those limits at all.

I really hope someone will help me with this issues. I've tried to only run the game and add up all the different CPU cores and it was 30-40% away from 100% usage, eventho it said 100% usage. 

Thank you

(I have run anti malware, avg, spybot and so on several times without anything happening)

Follow your thread 

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

it is showing gta 5 taking up majority of your cpu.  How much ram do you have and other system specs may help.  I agree that a fresh system reboot to show what is running and not running off fresh bootup would help also.

Hello..

Thank you

make sure you do not have multiple antivirus softwares installed running at the same time. they tend to fight over CPU usage.

Make a list of all security software you have installed. and as others are saying, post a pic of your performance and task manager(performance monitor is in the task manager) after a fresh reboot with nothing but startup programs running.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

it is showing gta 5 taking up majority of your cpu.  How much ram do you have and other system specs may help.  I agree that a fresh system reboot to show what is running and not running off fresh bootup would help also.

Problem is that I can have my computer open at idle and it just builds up over time, both my ram and CPU usage. So to play i'd have to restart my computer every 6th hour or so. I got 16 gigs of ram. 

http://imgur.com/BJA1FwU

I got a 4790k, gtx 780, nice and cooled CPU, SSD, HDD and so on.

When completely idle it goes around 10-25% at all time.

make sure you do not have multiple antivirus softwares installed running at the same time. they tend to fight over CPU usage.

Make a list of all security software you have installed. and as others are saying, post a pic of your performance and task manager(performance monitor is in the task manager) after a fresh reboot with nothing but startup programs running.

Follow your thread 

Post a pic of your task manager sorted by CPU usage.

What is that Ledig system thingy?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

What is that Ledig system thingy?

"Empty systemprocess"

and what happens if you shut it down?

Ask me anything.

and what happens if you shut it down?

Not possible. I think it shows the left over system usage. The system CPU % that's available

Not true.. I don't have it. why should you? it's using most of your CPU.

Check it out with OCCT

http://www.ocbase.com/

P.S. Read in the interwebs that this can be a driver issue. of something not sure. but if someone can come up with an idea what this driver is, is probably you...

Moreover, this would sound completely out of record, but try to do a fresh new install of WIndows, can you? aka. .. Format and start over.

Ask me anything.

wee cheeky bitcoin miner

This ^  :lol:  :lol:

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Sounds like a wee cheeky bitcoin miner or something.

Try scanning for malware with Malware Bytes and Viruses for current anti virus of Windows Defender :)

Check it out with OCCT

http://www.ocbase.com/

P.S. Read in the interwebs that this can be a driver issue. of something not sure. but if someone can come up with an idea what this driver is, is probably you...

Moreover, this would sound completely out of record, but try to do a fresh new install of WIndows, can you? aka. .. Format and start over.

So what you would suggest is running AVG and Anti Malware and go through my whole system to get rid of most of it. If it doesn't work, a reinstall of windows would be essensial

So what you would suggest is running AVG and Anti Malware and go through my whole system to get rid of most of it. If it doesn't work, a reinstall of windows would be essensial

I don't think going straight to a Windows Reinstall would be your next solution we have some more solutions to try :)

Yes I recommend Malware Bytes and AVG if you want :)

I don't think going straight to a Windows Reinstall would be your next solution we have some more solutions to try :)

Yes I recommend Malware Bytes and AVG if you want :)

Should I just do specific search on each harddrive ? Will that be better, or should I just do a normal scan.

Its the idle task just named in the primary language of Windows. (which isn't english obviously)

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

Its the idle task just named in the primary language of Windows. (which isn't english obviously)

THIS. System Idle Process. Your (meaning everybody's) PC will have it as well.

When in doubt, re-format.

But I really don't have it. I've got Hebrew as a lang and English as lang. My CPU is at 5% .. with chrome on ... srsly guys.

Ask me anything.