Hdd Capacity cut in half. Plz help

TheGeeker

I had Windows 7 on my laptop and a dual booted it with Ubuntu. Now I upgraded to 10 and cant get the Ubuntu partition. Can i get the space back or is it gone forever? 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Reformat the partition.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I had Windows 7 on my laptop and a dual booted it with Ubuntu. Now I upgraded to 10 and cant get the Ubuntu partition. Can i get the space back or is it gone forever? 

Make a bootable USB of supergrubdisk2 http://www.supergrubdisk.org/category/download/ and boot into ubuntu and reinstall grub https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Also, do not forget that you can install Ubuntu on a HDD formated under NTFS, or even install it alongside Windows XP/7/8.1 if you want to without needing a dedicated partition.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If you want Ubuntu back, do what Scia stated. If you want to remove Ubuntu and give that space to Windows 10 instead, then look into making a boot gparted disk/usb. It'll let you delete the ubuntu partition and resize the windows one in return.

How come you're trying Windows 10 as a daily driver right now? I'd personally have waited until the end of July when it's rumored to release (by AMD's CEO) and checked it out in a virtual machine until then.

If you want Ubuntu back, do what Scia stated. If you want to remove Ubuntu and give that space to Windows 10 instead, then look into making a boot gparted disk/usb. It'll let you delete the ubuntu partition and resize the windows one in return.

How come you're trying Windows 10 as a daily driver right now? I'd personally have waited until the end of July when it's rumored to release (by AMD's CEO) and checked it out in a virtual machine until then.

My laptop is a stay at home "lets try this new thing out" kind of thing. Now i have a need for a NAS and need to get rid of it.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

My laptop is a stay at home "lets try this new thing out" kind of thing. Now i have a need for a NAS and need to get rid of it.

Ah, alright. :P

K