Buy a new Haswell refresh or wat for Broadwell?

hey guys i want a cpu for gaming like i5 4690K ... i want to ask buy it or wait for broadwell? and when will it be released? 
will be a huge difference in performance between them? 

hey guys i want a cpu for gaming like i5 4690K ... i want to ask buy it or wait for broadwell? and when will it be released? 

Luke said in a few LTT videos that it should be around a %10 IPC improvement and nothing else. It should be released by the end of the year I believe. Nice icon btw

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Can you wait for skylake?

Luke said in a few LTT videos that it should be around a %10 IPC improvement and nothing else. It should be released by the end of the year I believe. Nice icon btw

So i should buy i5 4690K right?

Skylake is due in Q3 2015, so that is July a month or two later, so I say wait for that as it should be 15-25% faster than Haswell.  it's so close, so it can't hurt to hold out a bit.

So Haswell Refresh or wait a year for Skylake. Broadwell is meh.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

broadwell doesn't have any performance chips, just mainstream, skylake will have the next set of performance chips, i5 6600k, Q3 of this year. 

So i should buy i5 4690K right?

I'd wait for the new architecture at least just to see what the prices are. Intel might as well charge $400 for a Skylake i5 since Zen won't be released for a while

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Broadwell isnt being released for desktop CPU's. Broadwell will be laptop CPU's. Skylake is going to be released later this year and really wont be all that better than Haswell. Wait for Skylake or get the 4690K. You have to ask yourself though, do you REALLY need it right now? or can you wait?

What are you using now. (your profile says you already have a 4690k@3.5

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Broadwell won't be desktop. I say wait for Skylake and get the 14 nm chips.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

What? Broadwell is being released for Desktops

post-197662-0-07220600-1431473550.jpg

It probably isn't worth waiting for, so the choice should be just: Haswell now or wait for Skylake.

broadwell is haswell except smaller 14nm vs 22nm. this may alow for higher over clocks at lower voltages but no one knows for sure. skylake is a new architecture at 14nm that has moved the voltage reguator off the cpu so should over clock much higher and will have better preformance estimated 10-20%.

the broadwell chip is socket 1150 so current mobos will work with a bios update but skylake is socket 1151 so you would need a new mobo.

if you already have an 1150 mobo then i would buy an i5 4690k  

but if you dont then i would wait until skylake releases to upgrade.

whats your current set up?

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

Broadwell won't be desktop. I say wait for Skylake and get the 14 nm chips.

where did you get that? its been advertised for months that it would be.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

I thought they only shrunk the Broadwell line to focus on Skylake 

http://www.vrworld.com/2015/03/25/intel-to-launch-two-broadwell-cpus-for-desktop-skylake-debuting-in-october/

In what may be a sign that Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) is set to move on from the Broadwell platform and focus on Skylake, it is being reported that the chip vendor will launch just two Broadwell SKUs for desktop, with the parts set to be announced at this year’s Computex.

The processors will be the Core i7-5775C and Core i5-5675C, and the 65W TDP offerings will be fully compatible with current Z97 motherboards following a BIOS update. The “C’ in the nomenclature is to denote the fact that the processors are unlocked, with Intel said to be moving away from the “K” naming convention.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

where did you get that? its been advertised for months that it would be.

Am I really that far out of the loop?

I haven't been following news for the last month or so. Anyway, isn't Skylake due for Q3? That would make any released Broadwell chips irrelevant anyway...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I might be wrong but imo upgrading to skylake without upgrading to DDR4 is like buying a brand new car and putting an old radio in it. Then again I coulf be wrong

DDR4 allows bigger capacity (more GB per stick) than DDR3, other than that it is just a marketing thing IMO. No point in buying 4GB or 8GB DDR4 sticks.

I heard that Broadwell is coming June 2nd.

Skylake? Q3 means September at best...

Broadwell has Iris pro 6200 which is a lot better than HD 4600 and I heard something about COMBOing dedicated GPU and intergrated GPU with DX12. It may be worth your time to investigate it.

Am I really that far out of the loop?

I haven't been following news for the last month or so. Anyway, isn't Skylake due for Q3? That would make any released Broadwell chips irrelevant anyway...

skylake is rumored for q3 and broadwell is rumored for q2. i dont even know anymore. we are just going to have to wait till computex for the truth

Broadwell isnt being released for desktop CPU's. Broadwell will be laptop CPU's. Skylake is going to be released later this year and really wont be all that better than Haswell. Wait for Skylake or get the 4690K. You have to ask yourself though, do you REALLY need it right now? or can you wait?

While this used to sound like the more likely scenario—and it's the scenario I'd prefer—the more persistent rumors out there seem to suggest we're getting two Broadwell desktop SKUs: Core i5-5675C and Core i7-5775C. Most are reporting that they will be unlocked, despite not having a K.

Additionally certain motherboards are starting to advertise support for "5th generation Intel Core processors." Since we know Skylake is 6th generation and will release with a new socket and chipset, we know they can't mean that.

ex: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130770