Witcher 3 Reviews Go Live A Week Before Release

carolkarine

I've played it twice (I needed the two different saves so I could have save I wanted for Witcher 2) and to be honest, it doesn't get much better. chapter 2 was pretty poor, chapter 4 was all right in the sense that the story was best there.

Guess it comes down to tastes.  I thought chapters 2 & 3 were the best part of the game.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Pcgamer says there no pc reviews they are holding it back until release ...

with PC copies it's much harder to contain them to just the intended reviewers, and with a console copy they know the reviewer will be playing it on intended hardware. This way the review is about the game, not the performance (unless the perf is an issue)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I had done the Roche side for my first playthrough and when I went to do my second, meant to do Iorveth, but did Roche again. Iorveth is just such a prick. I also killed Loredo and the king both times.

Nice to see final installment in series also nice to hear they will have plans for witcher universe separately from Geralt universe.

I hope they can focus more on their upcoming game, Cyberpunk 2077 :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I did both paths, Iorveth's is so much better in my mind.  I feel like I got more of the world story on his side.

I really can't wait to play this. Shame I will have to wait until mid August though as I'll be working at a resort out in Banff National Park for a couple months starting next week.

PC Gamer also said there is a day one patch coming and that's the reason why it's being held back... And it's not reviews that are being held back, it's the CD Keys themselves for the reviewers.  Really hate half baked info in posts that make people lean one way in opinions.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

PC Gamer also said there is a day one patch coming and that's the reason why it's being held back... And it's not reviews that are being held back, it's the CD Keys themselves for the reviewers.  Really hate half baked info in posts that make people lean one way in opinions.

There's also rumor that the keys will be out today or tomorrow, so reviews for PC performance and bugs before launch are quite feasible - seeing that we've already seen reviews on the game itself, we don't need reviewers to spend a whole lot of time just playing the game.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I had done the Roche side for my first playthrough and when I went to do my second, meant to do Iorveth, but did Roche again. Iorveth is just such a prick. I also killed Loredo and the king both times.

Haha, I have similar problem when playing Mass Effect. I could never go renegade. I always played good guy.

In Witcher when I went with Roche I did let him kill the king ... I don't want my hands dirty. I let dragon and Loredo live.

Haha, I have similar problem when playing Mass Effect. I could never go renegade. I always played good guy.

In Witcher when I went with Roche I did let him kill the king ... I don't want my hands dirty. I let dragon and Loredo live.

Try iorveths path. You don't realize he's not so bad until act 3.

also that path is arguably more fun.

Daily Driver:

Try iorveths path. You don't realize he's not so bad until act 3.

also that path is arguably more fun.

Im wokring on it. I am at the end of Flotsam chapter almost. I really play a big jerk right now :D

PC Gamer also said there is a day one patch coming and that's the reason why it's being held back... And it's not reviews that are being held back, it's the CD Keys themselves for the reviewers. Really hate half baked info in posts that make people lean one way in opinions.

Whats the difference between a review being held back and not having the game at all if anything its worse the reviews wont be out for even longer. Im surprised people arnt raging over this if it was ubisoft... can u imagine :D

Whats the difference between a review being held back and not having the game at all if anything its worse the reviews wont be out for even longer. Im surprised people arnt raging over this if it was ubisoft... can u imagine :D

Holding back reviews means the developers aren't letting reviews out when they exist, mostly through embargos.  Reviews don't exist, there's nothing to embargo.

Holding back reviews means the developers aren't letting reviews out when they exist, mostly through embargos. Reviews don't exist, there's nothing to embargo.

Essentially it is the same thing except this way the word embargo isnt used so people dont get angry and hate on them, its the next gen embargo ;)

Essentially it is the same thing except this way the word embargo isnt used so people dont get angry and hate on them

Except it clearly states there's a patch waiting to happen to be review ready.  Embargos are arbitratry dates solely to sell more units.  Witcher 3 has universally reviewed well on all release platforms so far, no reason why they have to hold back PC reviews for it.  Gameplay doesn't change.

Except it clearly states there's a patch waiting to happen to be review ready. Embargos are arbitratry dates solely to sell more units. Witcher 3 has universally reviewed well on all release platforms so far, no reason why they have to hold back PC reviews for it. Gameplay doesn't change.

No one is questioning the gameplay just the quality of the port, its good they have a patch coming but not so good that it wasnt ready a week before release for review copies

Essentially it is the same thing except this way the word embargo isnt used so people dont get angry and hate on them, its the next gen embargo ;)

Holding back reviews means the developers aren't letting reviews out when they exist, mostly through embargos.  Reviews don't exist, there's nothing to embargo.

I'm amazed that it's so important for you guys to see a PC review. it's clear that the game is incredible, based on the PS4 reviews. from everything we've seen from youtubers who went to CDPR to play it, the PC version is fine.

and my point still stands. Devs want the review to be about the game, and as a result are making sure all the reviewers get the same damn experience. it's removing variables, and boiling the content of the reviews down to "is the game good?"

and the answer is a resounding "yes."

Daily Driver:

I'm amazed that it's so important for you guys to see a PC review. it's clear that the game is incredible, based on the PS4 reviews. from everything we've seen from youtubers who went to CDPR to play it, the PC version is fine.

Port quality, controls have to make sense out of the box, amount of game settings options, how demanding it is to run, basically the standards PC gamers expect from their games.  You can't take these for granted.  Look at Final Fantasy PC ports lol.

Port quality, controls have to make sense out of the box, amount of game settings options, how demanding it is to run, basically the standards PC gamers expect from their games.  You can't take these for granted.  Look at Final Fantasy PC ports lol.

fair enough. I think CDPR knows this, though, and understands that PC-based reviews are going to focus on stuff like that. and those are things you don't need to play the entire game to know. therefore, PS4 copies for full game reviews go out weeks earlier, so that reviewers aren't rushing a 100+ hour game.

Daily Driver:

I need an angryjoe Or Totalbiscuit review cause all the sites with reviews are impossible to trust.

I see a few 10/10 reviews...

Because Sex sells?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Wonder if I can find a cheap offer on witcher 1+2

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Wonder if I can find a cheap offer on witcher 1+2

there was a steam sale a while back where together they were at most 6 dollars. maybe it's still running, as it was in prep for witcher 3's release. also try GoG.

Daily Driver: