Should we wait for Pascal?

Hello again enigmatic members of the forums! A quick conundrum, so with a rough estimate of the release date of the Pascal GPU being late 2016 I have to question. Is it worth the wait? I have a lot of patience as I am in the process of saving for a pretty high end PC.

That's up to you.

Only way we'll find out if "it's worth the wait" is when we see real-world benchmarks, and by then the cards will already be available so that defeats the purpose of your question.

if you can wait yes.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Hello again enigmatic members of the forums! A quick conundrum, so with a rough estimate of the release date of the Pascal GPU being late 2016 I have to question. Is it worth the wait? I have a lot of patience as I am in the process of saving for a pretty high end PC.

I don't see the point of waiting. There will always be something newer and better, no matter how long you wait.

I vote no.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I don't see the point of waiting. There will always be something newer and better, no matter how long you wait.

I vote no.

Well sounds like op will be waiting forever then lol. I agree with this. Always something new around the corner.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Buy it now, ive it comes out end of 2016 youll still have a year and a half of time you can play with that high end pc

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Time will tell ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

• 2 months later...

The day after pascal comes out everyone will be talking about volta, I will just get a GPU this year and then upgrade in 2018 or later

Wait for incentives like free games or something.

That way when the newer card comes along, it won't sting as bad.

I say yes, but it wont be paschal. It will be the amd r9 400 series. Paschal was scheduled to be a 14/16 nm GPU, with HBM2, but AMD has the exact same tune, and they have priority to the HBM2 supply, so paschal with HBM2 will probably be limited to the Titan series.

I say yes, but it wont be paschal. It will be the amd r9 400 series. Paschal was scheduled to be a 14/16 nm GPU, with HBM2, but AMD has the exact same tune, and they have priority to the HBM2 supply, so paschal with HNM2 will probably be limited to the Titan series.

No H. Pascal was French, not a German or a Dutchman.

Well, if you are going to be waiting for Zen, you might as well wait a few extra months to get a brand new GPU microarchitecture, but in every other case I'd say it doesn't make much sense to wait.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --