Video

• Sabertooth Z77
  • Intel i7 3770k
  • EVGA FTW GTX 670
  • 16 GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
  • 1TB WD Black HDD
  • 250gb Intel 520 Series SSD
  • Corsair AX750 PSU

it probably won't get off the ground for a long time.
Not for a while no, but its good to see Valve getting behind the technology.

• Sabertooth Z77
  • Intel i7 3770k
  • EVGA FTW GTX 670
  • 16 GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
  • 1TB WD Black HDD
  • 250gb Intel 520 Series SSD
  • Corsair AX750 PSU

The VR device shown in the vid is the Rift from Oculus, Gabe pledged the project like some other guys from the industrie...i think valve will produce software and ramp up the valve box...

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

I dont care for VR though

I prefer M&K

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Seems like Valve's trying new things now, first the "Linux is best" state, then came "big screen", and now we have VR headsets. To me it seems like they want you to do gaming in your living room.

MEH

Hmm, sounds like an accessory for the Steam Box. I smell breakthrough technology packaged with HL3?

Valve making VR? Hopefully it will be aggressively priced so it can be something everyone can afford.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Please no valve

Don't turn hl3 into a VR experiment!

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Hmm, I though they were going to support the Rift from Oculus bigtime. i'd like to see more info, though.

OOOHHHH damn!

Seems kind of awsome :)

lets hope this valve vr glasses or the rift will be 2ms, 120Ghz :)

This has been known for some time. Valve does a lot of research behind closed doors that they do not fully disclose to the public.

This doesn't surprise me at all, Valve has shown interest in becoming more than just a big games company for sometime, which is further enforced with the recent unveiling of the "Steam Box" which will go hand in hand with their new Big Screen application. http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/142896-valve-confirms-steam-box-coming-in-2013-says-it-will-compete-with-next-gen-consoles

I cannot remember where I read this, but Valve has said that while they are working on VR Headsets, they do not plan on actually creating them, it is merely for research purposes. I would assume they would sell the patent or license it out.

pnBIF.gif?1

This has been known for some time. Valve does a lot of research behind closed doors that they do not fully disclose to the public. This doesn't surprise me at all' date=' Valve has shown interest in becoming more than just a big games company for sometime, which is further enforced with the recent unveiling of the "Steam Box" which will go hand in hand with their new Big Screen application. [url']http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/142896-valve-confirms-steam-box-coming-in-2013-says-it-will-compete-with-next-gen-consoles I cannot remember where I read this, but Valve has said that while they are working on VR Headsets, they do not plan on actually creating them, it is merely for research purposes. I would assume they would sell the patent or license it out.

Which is a shame because I think it would do so much better if it was their love for gaming powering the headset. The research is great, don't get me wrong because they are right, PC gaming innovation is non-existent. Valve would be the only ones that have so much invested in PC gaming and who also love the medium so much. It would be revolutionary and might attract a lot of console players to the PC.

Either way, we won't see the fruit of this labor for a while. Because Valve time.