Having problem with I7-4790k on asus z97 pro

Hello

Im having a problem with my cpu temp even its not overclock. Temps is hitting almost on 99c on 3 cores and 1 core only on 85c. I am using a corsair h100i for cooling this parts but i know on watercooling, this temps must be lower than 80c.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal on watercooling?

Planning to overclock it but seeing the temps that high, Im gonna need some help on this one.

Pc specs

Intel i7-4790k clock on 4000mhz (stock)

Corsair h100i

Asus Z97-pro (wifi-ac)

Corsair vengeance 8gb 1600mhz

Evga supernova 850 g2

Ambiance temp: 25-30c

CPU: Intel I7-4790K OC to 4.6Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO (wifi-ac) | GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Ram: 4 GB Corsair Vengeance x 2 and 4 GB HyperX Savage x 2  |

PSU: EVGA 850w Supernova G2 80PLUS GOLD | Storage: Fuijitsu 250 GB Mechanical Drive | Case: Thermaltake Urban T31

Welcome to the Forum.

You shouldn't be going over 40. Remount the cooler and replace the thermal paste?

Sig under construction.

I already did replace the thermal paste. And still the same results but a bit lower by 2 - 5c

CPU: Intel I7-4790K OC to 4.6Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO (wifi-ac) | GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Ram: 4 GB Corsair Vengeance x 2 and 4 GB HyperX Savage x 2  |

PSU: EVGA 850w Supernova G2 80PLUS GOLD | Storage: Fuijitsu 250 GB Mechanical Drive | Case: Thermaltake Urban T31

I already did replace the thermal paste. And still the same results but a bit lower by 2 - 5c

Have you mounted the cooler properly?

Sig under construction.

Yes. According to the manual.

Yes. According to the manual.

Okay, have you plugged the pump in? Can you verify it's running?

Sig under construction.

Are you sure that the cooler is working properly ?

I did test it without connecting it to the cpu and it works fine. 

So are you sure the pump the radiator and the tuning are fine .... maybe the cpu has a lot of heat output hten .. are you multitasking ?? 

Okay, have you plugged the pump in? Can you verify it's running?

Yes, it is running, i test it out of the box. connecting it to the power supply and power it up.

You need to connect the pump and fans for proper cooling...?

Sig under construction.

You need to connect the pump and fans for proper cooling...?

I connected the fans directly to the pump on the CPU block, it is running normally. the pump is connected to the cpu Fan connector to see if the pump is running. 4 pin molex / sata power cable is connected to the power supply directly.

I forget to mention that this temps are under load using prime95 for testing it. when its idle its around 28c to 35c on all cores.

I forget to mention that this temps are under load using prime95 for testing it. when its idle its around 28c to 35c on all cores.

Well, I think that's the problem. Prime95 "overvolts your CPU" <- @tmcclelland455

Therefore, most of us here do not recommend it.

kompooterz.

Well, I think that's the problem. Prime95 "overvolts your CPU" <- @tmcclelland455

Therefore, most of us here do not recommend it.

can you recommend any good programs for testing? 

If you have stock cooler, try with that. If the results are same, its something with CPU. If the temps are cooler, AIO is faulty. Hows your voltages?

E: After reading the posts above, its definetly because of high voltages. Try with XTU or Aida64.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

can you recommend any good programs for testing? 

Yes, AIDA64.

Sig under construction.

If you have stock cooler, try with that. If the results are same, its something with CPU. If the temps are cooler, AIO is faulty. Hows your voltages?

E: After reading the posts above, its definetly because of high voltages. Try with XTU or Aida64.

I am at work now and will be home after 2 hours. I will try using XTU or Aida64 once I arrived. if the results the same, im gonna try the stock cooler.

ill update once i have done all the above.

I am at work now and will be home after 2 hours. I will try using XTU or Aida64 once I arrived. if the results the same, im gonna try the stock cooler.

ill update once i have done all the above.

Finally fixed everything on it. 

I dont know what the problem was but after removing everything from the case and installing everything again, made it work like a champ.

now the temp under load is only 61c max on all cores. -  4.2 Ghz

I'll overclock it once it is stable for at least 2 hours.

thank you guys for your suggestions on how to fix my problem on this build.