The best headset?

tvno

I'm looking for the best headset I can get for under or around £100. I want it for games like CS:GO so great sound to hear the exact location of footsteps ect. Thanks:)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

HyperX Cloud is the only headset worth the money. If you want better value, consider getting open headphones like Superlux HD668b or 681 EVO, Sennheiser HD518 or anything actually good from a proper audio company. If you need a mic, Zalman ZM-MIC1 is good cheap option and it attaches to the headphones' cable.

What are those like in comparison to the game zeros?

Do not get the Kingston HyperX Cloud for CS:GO. They have closed ear-cups which leaves the positional audio to be desired.

Get regular semi-open/open headphones + a microphone. 

Good microphones to look for:

Zalman ZM-MIC1 (clips on to the headphones cable)

Antlion ModMic 4.0 (you can attach this to the headphones and comes with it's own cable)

V-Moda BoomMic (is a cable with a mic on it, so you if your headphones have a detachable cable, you can use this instead)

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Do not get the Kingston HyperX Cloud for CS:GO. They have closed ear-cups which leaves the positional audio to be desired.

Antlion ModMic 4.0 (you can attach this to the headphones and comes with it's own cable)

V-Moda BoomMic (is a cable with a mic on it, so you if your headphones have a detachable cable, you can use this instead)

i use my HyperX cloud for cs go as well and i think they are great ... yes there are better ones fot positional sound but i can clearly hear where the footsteps are ... i guess i mostly play of sound not the picture (got accused of hacking for pre shooting when a enemy was running (notice i said running not walking or crouching) around a corner)

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

I'm not going to recommend them, but the only headphone's I heard of that have the specific feature you listed (seeking almost inaudible queues like footsteps, and door opening nearby, and then boosting them) Is soundblaster's recon series. Not in your price range, and I've no idea how well the feature actually works.

QPad QH-90 / HyperX Cloud

MAIN Core V21 | i7 5820K @ 4.2 1.21v | Corsair H100i + NF-F12 | Asrock X99M Killer | Crucial Sport 4x4GB 2400 CAS16 @ 2666 CAS15 | 290X DCUII OC @ 1115/1450 1.3v | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 830 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Corsair AX650

it's fine, cs sound is all kinds of messed up anyway, need to tell right from left and that is good enough.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Forgot the Audio Technica AT2020?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Forgot the Audio Technica AT2020?

I specifically listed microphones that are compact and can be attached to the headphones in some way.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

+1 for the Clouds.

Managed to get them for $60+VAT ($72) and they offer very good value considering how overpriced other headphones were in my country.

Probably not the best positional audio (I can still hear who's shooting from where in battlefield3 with enhanced stereo on) but for someone who doesn't play shooters much, they keep me pretty happy with their clean sound without that overwhelming bass. :)

Also, the accessories you get is hard to beat. The mic does a fine job in TS3 but its a little revealing of the background, so if you aren't playing in a quiet enviroment like me, it may be annoying for your friends. The main cable and the extension cable with the inline volume controller are braided, other cables are just straight cables. All connectors are gold plated. The cable comes out from the headphones itself has a little "wiggle" but nothing annoying. Also, the padded mesh carrying bag protects your headphones in an enviroment like in a backpack -I can carry them to school without any damage and my backpack is usually full with heavy stuff-. The stock leatheratte pads are comfortable, I didn't try out the other ones, the noise isolation is nice, it drowns out most of the background noise in low volume levels which I prefer. Pretty sure you won't be able to hear much of the outer world with medium-high volumes.

All in all, they provide what I want, for a respectable price. If the price is right, give the Cloud's a try :)

(Oh also, I connect to them to my motherboards intgrated audio and my iPad. So you might get better results if you have a soundcard, or a good integrated solution. If not, don't worry. They work nice enough with integrated audio)

What are those like in comparison to the game zeros?

G4ME Zero is the closed version and G4Me One is the open version, and the G4ME Ones are just re-painted HD518/HD558 with a mic attached. You can save quite a bit money by buying the headphones and microphone separate, or put that extra money on even better gear.

TwOne is right - Semi-open/open is the best suggestion if you're primary concern is gaming audio. 

The Cloud's mic breaks - check ratings.

Suggestions for inexpensive headphones that allow you to stay under 100 if you also buy a seperate mic

Superlux HD-668B (semi) (supports V-Moda BoomMic)

Superlux HD-681 EVO (semi)  (supports V-Moda BoomMic)

Takstar Monitor Hi-fi 2050(open)

Options for desktop mics if you don't buy a modmic or a boommic (attaches to headphones)

Andrea 2S Superbeam Array
Blue Snowflake
Blue Snowball
Samson Meteor
Samson Meteorite

Full List Here and Here

If you prefer better bass response for music you may want to stay with closed.

Audio Technical ath-m50x all the way.

For gaming, they are one of the worst options due to extremely narrow sound stage making them bad for surround effects/positional accuracy. Even for music and movies, M40X are much better value. The M50(X) are just overpriced for what they are.

For gaming, they are one of the worst options due to extremely narrow sound stage making them bad for surround effects/positional accuracy. Even for music and movies, M40X are much better value. The M50(X) are just overpriced for what they are.

Sorry, I'm not too experienced with audio, but I can sound whore really well with them.