Any good cases with "scratch free" window?

Mooshi

As title stated. In need of a case and unsure which to go with. Right now I'm rocking matx parts, but I may go to a standard atx sized board whenever it's time to retire system. For now, system is a "mangle" functioning outside a case.

Budget: preferably below 140usd

Something not too massive. Even if I did switch from micro to standard atx, I'm not really looking for a massive full tower. I also air cool so any rad support features isn't a must, but would be a bonus. So long as the case supports at least 160mm tower heatsinks, I'll be able to transplant these parts without issue. Was considering the NZXT S340, H440 and now Noctis 450, but I hear things about the panel being easily scratched. :l

Case suggestions that are 140usd and under that's either meant for m-atx to mid tower with nice temps is what I'm looking for. Previous cases were a Lian Li cube (PC-V354) which was pretty on the outside, but had a terrible internal layout and side panel design. Then there was the Define R4 which didn't really impress me build quality wise vs the Lian Li. Too much flex for my taste and paint chipped easy. To be fair on the Fractal, the internal layout was a joy to work with.

Any owners with the above mentioned NXZT cases please feel free to chime in on the scratch happy nature I read about.

Current cases I've been interested in:

NZXT H440

NZXT Noctis 450

NZXT S340

Thermaltake Core V21

Phanteks Evolv

Phanteks Enthoo Pro (If I cave to full tower size..which would feel silly for my Maximus IV Gene-Z)

Silverstone TJ08-EW

Fractal Node 804

Note: ODD drive bays aren't necessary for me.

Phantom Glass should make protectors for side panels

EDIT : send them a tweet

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Phantom Glass should make protectors for side panels

That would be great xD OP Enthoo Pro scratches like a bitch immediately. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

That would be great xD OP Enthoo Pro scratches like a bitch immediately. 

Ah, that's a shame. The side panel on the Evolv probably won't fair much better.

I am close to just replace the side panel window with tempered glass and some double side adhesive tape like @LinusTech

A bit ghetto, but if it does the job...if money were no object, I'd grab something crazy from In-Win. :P

Ah, that's a shame. The side panel on the Evolv probably won't fair much better.

A bit ghetto, but if it does the job...if money were no object, I'd grab something crazy from In-Win. :P

Well I don't really see a way around it. Unless you go way up in price. 

Every case I know of uses regular acrylic which scratches when you sneeze on it. You could try replacing it with abrasion resistant acrylic, which is not really any more expensive than regular acrylic if you shop around for the best price. That or you can go all the way with tempered glass.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Well I don't really see a way around it. Unless you go way up in price. 

True. Although, this seems like a common issues especially with NZXT cases. May have to end up going the modding route.

Sadly, you have to be very careful with the Enthoo Pro and the S340. Those are the two on your list I have experience with.

Not that my Enthoo Pro is scratched, but it is clearly prone to it.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

Sadly, you have to be very careful with the Enthoo Pro and the S340. Those are the two on your list I have experience with.

Not that my Enthoo Pro is scratched, but it is clearly prone to it.

What condition is your S340 in? I love the design and compact nature of that one.

What condition is your S340 in? I love the design and compact nature of that one.

From what I've heard, the person it was built for says it is still looking brand new. But when building in it, I was scared poopless of scratching it. ;)

I think that goes for almost any case with acrylic side panels. One of the coolest "Budget" cases I've ever worked in though... that and the Enthoo Pro that encloses my build.

P.S. "Budget" for me is $50-$100. Not to be confused with a $30 Senty... that is what I'd consider "Junk" ;)

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro