Best AMD CPU? / Under £150 / No bottleneck on a R9 280

Hello,

Title says it all. I need a AMD CPU that will be stable in terms if heat as we'll as being able to run with a R9 280 without bottle necking.

Thanks for all your help,

Troop

8350, don't buy it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

None, without a really good OC, all AMD processors will bottleneck that card. Trust me I had the 7850K and it bottlenecked it at 4GHz.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Does it need to be AMD?

Intel has better options at this price range but whatever

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

AMD FX 8350

That and my Gigabyte R9 280x really pull off 1080p gaming and editing without too much struggle.

You would definitely need an aftermarket cooler though..

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

A BOTTLENECK WONT RUIN THE WHOLE SYSTEM. It will still perform well, just not as well as on an i5. If you need more cores get the 8350, I have one on my secondary rig and it does fine

don't

no AMD cpu won't bottleneck an R9 280

@Faceman

Just leave him out of this it's going to be a massacre.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

Hello,

Title says it all. I need a AMD CPU that will be stable in terms if heat as we'll as being able to run with a R9 280 without bottle necking.

Thanks for all your help,

Troop

An FX 8320 with an overclock

8350, don't buy it.

That's only an overclocked CPU, and also yes, don't buy it.

Buy an i3 which is perfect for all games, not just BF4 its been years since AMD released a good CPU (which is just sad).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What's there for intel options?

Why does it HAVE to be amd? As much as I like them, their mid-"high" end cpus just aren't very good for gaming.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What's there for intel options?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54460

Smashes any amd cpu in games.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

A BOTTLENECK WONT RUIN THE WHOLE SYSTEM. It will still perform well, just not as well as on an i5. If you need more cores get the 8350, I have one on my secondary rig and it does fine

You buy a CPU to match the GPU and fully utilize it-an FX 8350 won't.

PMSL

don't

no AMD cpu won't bottleneck an R9 280

@Faceman

Ehh an R9 280 actually won't be bottlenecked by an FX8, except in some CPU bound games. A 280 is the highest end GPU I would pair with an FX processor. Anyways, it's still a poor investment to consider AM3+ for a gaming build.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

i5 4440

Posting comparison to an FX 8350/8320 in a sec.

PMSL

The source page:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/62476-post-your-cinebench-r15r1152003-scores-competition-to-win-free-stuff/

Link to the document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlC81MjwelBgdEZNV3l6aHl1eUNwSUR4Rml0MXMzN1E&usp=sharing#gid=0

Screen shot:

post-155575-0-30505400-1431031467_thumb.

As you can see clocked more than 2GHz lower and an i5 4440 at stock flogs a suicide overclocked FX 8350/8320.

PMSL

inb4shitstorm

Don't worry, I deal in performance and facts not "I'm going to rabidly defend this company cus Red vs Blue".

PMSL

Amd CPU's don't bottleneck GPUs, all PCI connectivity is handled by your motherboard chipset a 990fx motherboard would yield the best results.

Also bottlenecking is a misused term and taken way to seriously the difference from CPU to CPU is so negligible it dosent really matter unless your talking about single core cpu's trying to run enthusiast grade cards.

The AMD FX 8350 is the best AMD GPU. However to be honest, I would save that money and buy an Intel Motherboard and a decent Intel CPU and it is been said that an Intel i5 Devil's Canyon Series chip, can run a Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X. Even though if you are spending $1000+ on a GPU, you should atleast have an Intel i7 4790k!

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFqQdrs5wEU

The only test fx ever wins is x264.

Amd CPU's don't bottleneck GPUs, all PCI connectivity is handled by your motherboard chipset a 990fx motherboard would yield the best results.

Also bottlenecking is a misused term and taken way to seriously the difference from CPU to CPU is so negligible it dosent really matter unless your talking about single core cpu's trying to run enthusiast grade cards.

Yea they do. Look at the video and any other source you can find. Even in maxed out games they bottleneck the gpu, when gpu should be the one stressing. When testing low res it's not even funny.

Spoiler

You need to learn a bit more about how a computer actually works I think. Want some links?

PMSL

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

You need to learn a bit more about how a computer actually works I think. Want some links?

Sure I'm down can you enlighten me this form really needs more supportive people like you.

And this form could really benifit from having people like you Fuck off and stop being cocky bastars.