domain account but no domain files?

quiny99
Go to solution Solved by blu4,

no it even imports email settings and downloads and all the libraries

That's Exchange, it's different. It synchronizes the folders with the servers when you launch your email. It has nothing to do with any applications installed.

Hey,

I just entered a domain at work and logged in to my existing account but when i logged in the first time it said preparing desktop for you and when it was finished it had made a complete new desktop with only a few programs(wich were already installed)but i don't see the files or programs that were on the account, i do see them on an other computer, i also can see the shared drives wich is (O:) in my case. btw i'm using a laptop.

please help me.

Thanks in advance

No one here can help you out with this, you need to speak to your IT guy at work and explain this to him.

Edit

Or her :)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

This is something you'd probably want to talk about to your works tech department.

If they have roaming profiles disabled you won't see your files. Also if the programs have not been installed on your laptop they won't magically appear. Ask the IT admins to map you a network area so that you have files with you regardless of pc/laptop.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

I guess roaming profiles are not set up at your workplace. 

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

If they have roaming profiles disabled you won't see your files. Also if the programs have not been installed on your laptop they won't magically appear. Ask the IT admins to map you a network area so that you have files with you regardless of pc/laptop.

but when i log in on another computer wich is a desktop then it imports the account settings and i get the programs

Because it has the programs already installed.

That's Exchange, it's different. It synchronizes the folders with the servers when you launch your email. It has nothing to do with any applications installed.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/