aim

waggythegeek

My aim in FPS sucks. Tips on improving? My most is razer naga epic chroma.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Practice and patience. I sucked in a monumental way when i switched to pc gaming. 

But now i can get headshots 9 times out of 10

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Remove all kinds of mouse acceleration. Reduce sensitivity. Train.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

My aim in FPS sucks. Tips on improving? My most is razer naga epic chroma.

Which FPS? Each game handles aim differently. (For example: Battlefield has bullet drop and Counter Strike required shifting and other techniques)

Put a higher sensitivity on than what you currently have, play a few matches and then lower to your original sensitivity.

Burst fire whilst aiming.

don't aim and then put your sight on your target, try and get your target in the center of your screen just before aiming. (obviously if it's cs go then there is no aiming down sight apart from a few guns)

If you're playing BF4 then you can adjust your aim down sight sensitivity and your hip fire sensitivity thus allowing a lower sensitivity when aiming down sight.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Decrease sensitivity as much as possible

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Practice

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Put a higher sensitivity on than what you currently have, play a few matches and then lower to your original sensitivity.

Burst fire whilst aiming.

don't aim and then put your sight on your target, try and get your target in the center of your screen just before aiming. (obviously if it's cs go then there is no aiming down sight apart from a few guns)

If you're playing BF4 then you can adjust your aim down sight sensitivity and your hip fire sensitivity thus allowing a lower sensitivity when aiming down sight.

Higher sensitivity is bad.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Higher sensitivity is bad.

read the rest of what i said rather than the first 5 words.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

read the rest of what i said rather than the first 5 words.

I did. It's best to lower your sens to nearly uncomfortable level and then bring it up. With low sens you develop more accurate movements of the mouse. Higher sens just makes you go lazy.

Spoiler

I did. It's best to lower your sens to nearly uncomfortable level and then bring it up. With low sens you develop more accurate movements of the mouse. Higher sens just makes you go lazy.

Going to a higher sensitivity for a few games and then back down will make your original sensitivity feel more accurate.

Going to a higher sensitivity for a few games and then back down will make your original sensitivity feel more accurate.

Feel. But having lower sensitivity actually makes you work for it, you develop the muscle memory better.

Spoiler

I'm on about if he feels that he is at a comfortable sensitivity then to go up and back down.

We are using a mouse here and not a controller. You can move your hand as fast as you want.

This is what I have done when i first moved to mouse and keyboard and it gave me best results...or did it? I don't know, only you know....dick,

Hardware/Physical: It seems you're good on the product, just make sure you have the proper firmware update that doesn't have things like angle-snapping, etc. Also make sure the surface you play on isn't too slick, look into mousepads if you don't have one.

Software: Disable mouse acceleration everywhere you can, poke around Razer's control panel and double check everything such as angle-snapping, corrections, etc. Also turn up your polling rate of it's a bit low, most people recommend 500 or 1000Hz. Calculate your 360/in or 360/cm and try to replicate it from game to game if you have to or you so desire, use this site: http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm

The following tips will not automatically increase your aim. If you haven't done most of the things on here already, you may find your aim might be worse than before as you need to adjust, however it will make your movement much more *CONSISTENT* which is key.

After that, it's practice, practice, and practice. Pick a sensitivity and stick with it. And keep going. And practice.

[witty signature]

I just played a lot of co-op games like Killing Floor, Payday, Left 4 Dead, etc...

No pressure to really "get gud" and overcome other players helps you get used to playing with a mouse way faster, imo. Then again, I'm not really into being a pro CSGO player, so what do I know?

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

When playing Counter-Strike go on headshot servers which will increase your aim while improving your game :)

Practice, practice and more practice use low sens if playing games like CS:GO for game likes quake and unreal you need higher sensitivity because of the fast paced gameplay. Also disable the side buttons on the naga when playing fps you dont want to know how many times i accidentally fuckd up whit accidental side button press and switched to knife during a clutch that i might have won easily >.<