Router overclocking question?

Corruption

So I decided to go with the build shown here and then I decided I have an old PC lying around and saw Logan/teksyndicates video about making your own router. And my original plan was to overclock the new router on the diagram using Tomato and increasing the WiFi signal. But now I'm wondering since I will use the old PC as a router amd the new roiter as an access point, do I even need to bother overclocking it? Because I'm going to increase the WiFi signal anyways.

post-183457-0-14541600-1430912864_thumb.

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

Keep your network as simple as possible, if you don't need another router then don't have one. You will only add latency.

You also have not listed specs of either router/ ISP speed etc...

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

overclocking cpu of the router is to handle more connections/task, not increasing more range.

in tomato setting, there's Transmit Power menu, set it to high, it increase the range by smaller margin (and using between 1-2 more watt)

but with your setup, all access point already cover almost every part of your place, so it is not really necessary.

When you say router.. Do you mean access point.. A router is used to connect networks together, that is all. Many routers have wireless access points and hubs built in but the routing will be done between your network and the internet.

So, if talking access points.

You should have 1 base station connected to the hub and then to the router(or they all could be in 1 device). The router is connected to your modem or internet connection.

For the range and positioning.. It's mostly a try & test approach. Set up the minimal configuration and test the range and speed.. From there you can add more if needed.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..