Powerline Adapter not giving full speed?

Go to solution Solved by connorpiper,

I heard the house wiring plays an effect on powerline adapters. Think thats a factor?

We have a pretty new house and I get 1.5mb/s of our 60mb/s in my room. 

They are kinda sketchy. Sometimes you get max speed, and others you don't. It also depends if the adapters are on different circuits. 

So i recently bought this powerline adapter : http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref=lp_1194444_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1430866947&sr=1-1

And I only seem to be getting around 40mbps on average.

Unfortunately my internet speed is 50mbps. I used my phone and used the speed test app by ookla, using the 2.4 Ghz band, standing right next to my router I got 51mbps. And I can easily get the result multiple times. 

With my powerline adapter I get LOTS of supposed different speeds ranging from 30-40 mbps.

Is this simply a limitation of powerline adapters? That they won't always get you full speed?

how far away is the receiver 

If you are talking about the router.The router is literally in the next room over.

If you are talking about the router.The router is literally in the next room over.

i had a powerline adapter and i have 50mpbs internet but only got like 36mpbs but it is all the way across the house from my router

i had a powerline adapter and i have 50mpbs internet but only got like 36mpbs but it is all the way across the house from my router

I heard the house wiring plays an effect on powerline adapters. Think thats a factor?

We have a pretty new house and I get 1.5mb/s of our 60mb/s in my room. 

They are kinda sketchy. Sometimes you get max speed, and others you don't. It also depends if the adapters are on different circuits. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

it is but 40mpbs isnt bad and if its better than wifi at that distance you shouldnt worry

it is but 40mpbs isnt bad and if its better than wifi at that distance you shouldnt worry

Yeah I guess, I'm sorta a speed freak though. I'll probably end up finding a way to get hard wired. Thanks.