Air behind motherboard [No problem just curious]

Nova Dwagon
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Yes i cannot word stuff to save my life and I am very confusing,

What I mean is

Side panel with vent on motherboard side lowers the temp a bit for my CPU

Ok. Well if the original temps weren't problematic, then it doesn't matter. Sure better venting for mobo helps, thats why some cases have separed vents just for cooling bottom of chipsets.

I got the Cooler Master HAF 912 case and I got a bit lazy with the cable management so I put the vented bulged out side panel on the back of the motherboard side, where i noticed better temps and also felt a small breeze of Hot air coming from behind the board though the vent

So I flipped them round and noticed a slight temp increase (only 5-9*C)

Now its not a problem for me so dose not need fixing, but I am curious having a vented space behind the motherboard decrease temps?

(Note: All bad comments i will be ignoring because I tested this multiple times)

5-9C is quite a difference, I wouldn't leave it as that.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

5-9C is quite a difference, I wouldn't leave it as that.

Yeah, I am thinking if the air is moving fast soon as it enters the case (wind tunnel effect) and then gets slower when pasting this side panel vent and is slower past the CPU cooler, and without it its forced to go from front to back of the case. that and theres huge static air behind the motherboard that could have something to do with it, I am just curious

That and I am using AMD which kicks off more heat

Sorry, your text is bit confusing. Are you getting higher temps while using blank side panel on "normal" side and vented on mobo side? From my experience using windowed/plank side panel would have about 5C difference with GPU. But if you have stock cooler for CPU ("fan cooled" in profile tells nothing, everything in PC is fan cooled), it will get less fresh air to work with.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Sorry, your text is bit confusing. Are you getting higher temps while using blank side panel on "normal" side and vented on mobo side? From my experience using windowed/plank side panel would have about 5C difference with GPU. But if you have stock cooler for CPU ("fan cooled" in profile tells nothing, everything in PC is fan cooled), it will get less fresh air to work with.

What I mean is

What I mean is

Ok. Well if the original temps weren't problematic, then it doesn't matter. Sure better venting for mobo helps, thats why some cases have separed vents just for cooling bottom of chipsets.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Mmmmm that's what I did not know thank you for assisting my curiosity