Help buying a new phone

overloss123

So i am upgrading from an iphone 5s (poor choice in the first place) 

Im looking at either getting a nexus 6, samsung s6 (not edge) or a htc m9.

I know linus has a video coming up of the htc m9 and i have seen his s6 and his nexus 6 videos. But my issue is i need a new phone by Monday (for reasons i wont explain) and since i dont know when linus is going to upload the video about the htc m9 im looking for an answer soon.

I snapchat a lot, i lurk on twitter a lot, i watch a lot of youtube videos (and twitch) on my phone, i Instagram quite a bit and the only things i use for music are sondcloud and spotify, i also use it for navigation and reddit too. 

90% of the photos on my phone are outside ( dont know if this will help with camera decisions) 

can people please leave comments on which phones they think are the best suited for me ( i am open for suggestions too) also i work as an electrician which is the only reason im not loving the nexus 6's size. '

Thannks a bunch 

Thorne 

the HTC M9's camera isn't quite as good as the one on the S6. so if you really care about image quality i would go for the S6.

tough if you like a phone that feels a bit heavy in your hand, and not quite so plasticy, i would go for the M9. i love the steel design on the M series!

as for battery life, both phones have a battery saver option, tough the M9 has an extreme battery saver option that'll last you up to three days i heard. you can't use twitter or something like that when that is activated tough.

as for the nexus 6, i have no experience with that phone. maybe search on youtube for some more reviews? :P

You could wait for the LG G4 and even thought it hasn't changed much for the previous Xperia Z4. 

The Z series from Sony I've always like because of the long battery life, waterproof, decent screen and great camera.

If Sony improves on all of these with the Z4 it might replace my Nexus 5

Droid turbo?

I cannot find one in Australia

If you didn't like the 5s which is a very solid and well rounded phone, you'll see very limited improvement going to the s6 which is also an excellent phone. 

So i am upgrading from an iphone 5s (poor choice in the first place) 

Im looking at either getting a nexus 6, samsung s6 (not edge) or a htc m9.

I know linus has a video coming up of the htc m9 and i have seen his s6 and his nexus 6 videos. But my issue is i need a new phone by Monday (for reasons i wont explain) and since i dont know when linus is going to upload the video about the htc m9 im looking for an answer soon.

I snapchat a lot, i lurk on twitter a lot, i watch a lot of youtube videos (and twitch) on my phone, i Instagram quite a bit and the only things i use for music are sondcloud and spotify, i also use it for navigation and reddit too. 

90% of the photos on my phone are outside ( dont know if this will help with camera decisions) 

can people please leave comments on which phones they think are the best suited for me ( i am open for suggestions too) also i work as an electrician which is the only reason im not loving the nexus 6's size. '

Thannks a bunch 

Thorne 

Well, I wouldn't even consider the M9. Lackluster upgrade with an only slightly better camera (read: crappy).

Out of the other two, it comes down to if you want a big screen or not. Battery life is probably going to be better on the N6 until they fix the cell standby bug on the S6 (which should be very soon, if not in the next couple weeks). The camera is miles better on the S6, hands down. If you want a smaller screen, the S6 is still an excellent phone.

Not sure why you wouldn't go for the Edge variant though, it feels much nicer in the hand over the regular S6.

The lg g4 has a better camera than the s6.

Well it does everything better than the s6.

Better camera

Doesn't throttle performance

Replaceable battery

micro sd

Leather back

curved display

Quantum dot

Colour calibrated

Q slide/Multiwindow

Lightning quick updated

Being an arm7 processor it is easy to MOD!!!!!

The lg g4 has a better camera than the s6.

Well it does everything better than the s6.

Better camera

Doesn't throttle performance

Replaceable battery

micro sd

Leather back

curved display

Quantum dot

Colour calibrated

Q slide/Multiwindow

Lightning quick updated

Being an arm7 processor it is easy to MOD!!!!!

Lol.........

Heyyo,

TL/DR? Speakers = HTC One M9. Camera = S6. Which do you prefer? Camera or speakers.

People... he said new phone by Monday... LG G4 isn't out in Australia yet. :P

http://www.cnet.com/au/products/lg-g4/

Availability

Already available in Korea since April 29, the G4 will launch globally in late May through early June. In the US, Verizon will carry the device "soon," and T-Mobile customers can sign up for a program preview starting May 25 to try the handset out. AT&T will also sell it, and Sprint and US Cellular will carry it starting in June.

Because LG reports that the phone's pricing will be consistent with the G3 when it first launched, you can anticipate the device will cost about $200 with a carrier agreement and around $600 off-contract. UK pricing is unknown at the moment, but the G3 launched at about £500 SIM-free. In Australia, the G4 isn't expected to arrive until "end of June, early August". The G3 was AU$799 outright at launch.

I'd go with the HTC One M9. Since you're into media, do you plan to use the speakers or headphones? If speakers? HTC Boomsound. You'll love it. BEST speakers of any smartphone. :)

Photos outdoors on the HTC One M9 are ok in daylight... not great at night time. It's not the best flagship camera by quite a margin but it's still leaps better than the ultrapixel camera on my ol' HTC One M7.

For the price markup on the S6? you get a lot better rear facing camera and a better quality screen (color accuracy wise. Pixel count isn't that important when it's already hard to see pixels on 1080)... but you lose the epic HTC boomsound speakers... so the only reason I'd recommend the S6 over if you never use speakers and you like bluetooth speakers or headphones.

As for processor package? The M9's SnapDragon 810 will easily do all your tasks without any issues at all. Same goes for the S6's Exynos 7420. Both are monsters and will do all tasks very efficiently. The Exynos 7420 gets an edge when it comes to 3D gaming is where you'll start to see a difference.

Since you're an electrician? I'd also recommend using a protective case. Nothing's worse than dropping a phone onto cement...

My favorite protective cases are made by Rearth with their Ringke Fusion series. They're slim, gives your device good fall protection from the back, sides and front and still maintain ok grip. They come with a very basic screen protector if you wish to use it... but I went with a premium tempered glass protector. As good as Gorilla Glass is? I hate stratches... and I'm sure it's inevitable if you bring your phone with you onto your worksite? There's a chance all kinds of dust and particles of wood from drilling holes in 2x4's to run wires could get in your pockets and risk scratching your screen. It's cheaper to replace protective covers than the actual screen itself. ;)

M9:

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-One-Case-Technology-Protection/dp/B00TQ7J612

S6:

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Case-Protection-Protector-Absorption/dp/B00T6RRXIU

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Seeing as you do a decent amount of media consumption I'd take the M9 over the S6.

"Rawr XD"