how to find out how much ram do i have(tool)

9justinas9
Go to solution Solved by michaelk12,

Same situation on our school computers. Open Windows explorer, go to My Computer, and there is a bar at the bottom of the screen that lists Computer name, domain name, CPU and RAM. looks like this. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzab6CcYBUFnTF9ZUUZ4cUhUc0E/view?usp=sharing

Try looking in the BIOS, if they haven't locked that.

i have one of this type preassembled pc myself but every pc is a liitle bit different and its locked

It sounds a bit illegal what you are trying to do my friend just ask the owner of the pc, or your IT department if it's your work pc.

its locked "this operation canseled due to reastrictions"

Turn off the computer, and re-boot in Safe Mode. Whatever restrictions they have can't be applied because their not crucial for windows to run.

If that works, use the Right Click on Computer trick.

Sry, what happen when u try to run command prompt? You cant find the program?

in search its not found and ind windows r. run command is disabled too due to restrictions

Turn off the computer, and re-boot in Safe Mode. Whatever restrictions they have can't be applied because their not crucial for windows to run.

If that works, use the Right Click on Computer trick.

how do i do that?

there is pc that has a lot of disabled functions like acces to my computer properties and task manager but i need to find out the ammound of ram that pc has how do i do it with out admin permissions coz cpuz ask for one.

If it's running windows: press win+r, run cmd, type systeminfo and press enter.

It sounds a bit illegal what you are trying to do my friend just ask the owner of the pc, or your IT department if it's your work pc.

the admin is abroad and my pc is running slow i think its ram but i need to know how much there is in the first place so i can or cant ask for more

If it's running windows: press win+r, run cmd, type systeminfo and press enter.

windows r is disabled

how do i do that?

Restart > Before the Windows Logo appears, rapidly press the F8 key.

windows r is disabled

Then run cmd other way, it does not requires admin prev.

there is pc that has a lot of disabled functions like acces to my computer properties and task manager but i need to find out the ammound of ram that pc has how do i do it with out admin permissions coz cpuz ask for one.

folow these steps

press wondows+r

type CMD

enter

then in the command box type systeminfo

look for total phisical memory  it will be under all the os things

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

If the access to the information needs Admin rights, everything that you try will need it.. Just ask your Admin / IT Dept for either access or how much is in it.

The only reason you don't have access is because your not supposed to have access. If it was no problem for you to open the case or do anything else, they wouldn't have it locked down so tight.

If it's work or school system, you can lose your job or place if you try to go through or around their security measures (You probably signed an acceptable use policy and such..) Just go through the official route you have.

Final option, when your computer boots.. hit pause Break.. It should / may stop the screen on the ram check or allow you to get rid of the logo to see..

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

If you cannot even get into task manager, or even system info as a guest, whoever set up that computer really has trust issues.not to mention fne lock on the case.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

Same situation on our school computers. Open Windows explorer, go to My Computer, and there is a bar at the bottom of the screen that lists Computer name, domain name, CPU and RAM. looks like this. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzab6CcYBUFnTF9ZUUZ4cUhUc0E/view?usp=sharing

Does the PC Have a brand or model

Main PC: ASUS PRIME X299-A / Core i7 7820X / 16GB DDR4 / Palit GTX 1070 Ti / Corsair CX550F / Corsair Carbide Air 540

Secondary PC: ASUS X99-A / Core i7 5820K / 16GB DDR4 / EVGA GTX 780 ti Classified / Corsair CX500M / Fractal Define S

If you cannot even get into task manager, or even system info as a guest, whoever set up that computer really has trust issues.not to mention fne lock on the case.

yea it gets annoying when i cant open task manager and program freeze. and admin might be some kind of nerd idk

thanks it worked !

Does the PC Have a brand or model

its no brand lenovo pc