be quiet! Dark Rock 3 vs be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3?

Hi guys I need to choose between 2 coolers. One is be Quiet's Dark rock 3 and the other is Dark rock pro 3. I know they are from the same "family" but i'm wondering if Pro makes such a big difference. I am planning to overclock a little bit my i5 3570K so i can be better prepared for upcoming Witcher 3 :P. I don't mean anything crazy like 5 GHz but I want to go for a stable 4.2 Ghz or something like that.

So anyone of you guys has one of this coolers or knows how big a difference there is between them? I will be extremely thankful, because I don't know if there is need for adding some money to my "cooling-budget" or use the left money (I know it's only around 20$ )to upgrade something else?

My 4690k is running at 4.4Ghz with max temps of 68c. Dark Rock 3 at 800rpm. 

We're talking maybe a 8c-10c degree difference between the two. You decide if that's worth 20$ to you

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Hi guys I need to choose between 2 coolers. One is be Quiet's Dark rock 3 and the other is Dark rock pro 3. I know they are from the same "family" but i'm wondering if Pro makes such a big difference. I am planning to overclock a little bit my i5 3570K so i can be better prepared for upcoming Witcher 3 :P. I don't mean anything crazy like 5 GHz but I want to go for a stable 4.2 Ghz or something like that.

So anyone of you guys has one of this coolers or knows how big a difference there is between them? I will be extremely thankful, because I don't know if there is need for adding some money to my "cooling-budget" or use the left money (I know it's only around 20$ )to upgrade something else?

Most Ivy i5's at stable 4.2, a non-Pro will be plenty.

"Rawr XD"

Both are overkill for 4.2ghz--you should be shooting for at least 4.4ghz with either of those coolers.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Okay, thanks for the quick feedback. So supposing I would go and overclock my cpu to 4.5 Ghz. Which would one you recommnd. I've got money for both of them, I'm just wondering if there is a point in buying a Dark rock pro 3? Unfortunetyl LTT doesn't have a review of Dark Rock 3 :(.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, thanks for the quick feedback. So supposing I would go and overclock my cpu to 4.5 Ghz. Which would one you recommnd. I've got money for both of them, I'm just wondering if there is a point in buying a Dark rock pro 3? Unfortunetyl LTT doesn't have a review of Dark Rock 3 :(.

The Dark Rock 3 should be fine for that. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.