buckling spring vs mx blue

ErickS89

How many of you have an IBM Model M? If you do than you know what I'm talking about, for those that never used a Model M I feel for you... but the model m used a buckling spring to activate the switch and most mechanical keyboards today use chery mx, and there are other mechanical switches out there. 

But for me I'm looking at either getting a keyboard with a buckling spring and only unicomp sells buckling spring as they bought the rights from IBM, and the other choice being cherry mx,  

The reason for this post is I do not have a model m or buckling spring to test the differences, and I have various cherry mx keyboards laying around the house and corsairs rgb k95 still in the box somewhere.  But I miss PC-122 and for those that don't know "24 function keys" and "correctly" placed arrow keys. 

What's your thoughts, would you buy a model m today?  Or do you like the new keyboards?

Price difference.

Buckling Spring(unicomp PC-122): $99 

Corsair k95 RGB (MX Red): $210 (I got it when it was basically impossible to find)  Still new in box. 

I have played with the Unicomp keyboards and they ARE the same quality as the old IBM M and F Models.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

How many of you have an IBM Model M? If you do than you know what I'm talking about, for those that never used a Model M I feel for you... but the model m used a buckling spring to activate the switch and most mechanical keyboards today use chery mx, and there are other mechanical switches out there. 

But for me I'm looking at either getting a keyboard with a buckling spring and only unicomp sells buckling spring as they bought the rights from IBM, and the other choice being cherry mx,  

The reason for this post is I do not have a model m or buckling spring to test the differences, and I have various cherry mx keyboards laying around the house and corsairs rgb k95 still in the box somewhere.  But I miss PC-122 and for those that don't know "24 function keys" and "correctly" placed arrow keys. 

What's your thoughts, would you buy a model m today?  Or do you like the new keyboards?

Price difference.

Buckling Spring(unicomp PC-122): $99 

Corsair k95 RGB (MX Red): $210 (I got it when it was basically impossible to find)  Still new in box. 

I have played with the Unicomp keyboards and they ARE the same quality as the old IBM M and F Models.

Buy a used Model M. Well worth the 30 bucks.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Buy a used Model M. Well worth the 30 bucks.

There about $150 on average, but I also want to point out Unicomp made the original model m and when IBM wanted to stop they bought the rights and are now Unicomp.  Also made in a(MURICA!) if that matters to anyone. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

There about $150 on average, but I also want to point out Unicomp made the original model m and when IBM wanted to stop they bought the rights and are now Unicomp.  Also made in a(MURICA!) if that matters to anyone. 

I can find them on Ebay used in good condition for just a few bucks. The tenkeyless one though, the one that I would actually want, is very, very expensive.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

There isn't any IBM Model F 5250s on ebay, there is one but it's from Unicomp of course the title says IBM "it's not from IBM"  The date is from 2009, we know IBM stopped making those keyboards around 1996 which then Unicomp bought the rights the buckling spring and keyboard designs and now manufactures them or continued to manufacture them under Unicomp. 

I have been looking for the tenkeyless but haven't been able to find one, also Unicomp is releasing one soon. 

I'm Batman!