Wireless headset advice (PC/PS3/PS4 Compatible)

Nomelas
Go to solution Solved by Nomelas,

Turtle Beach is overrated garbage as far as I'm concerned. I tried on a set at Walmart, and my ears felt so cramped. Not only that, but the headset felt cheap.

oh well went with a turtle beach PX4, we'll see. got it for $129.99CAD :)

Hey so I'm looking for some suggestions/advice.

I'm shopping around for a wireless headset for my girlfriend. She generally plays games online on her PS3 but also occasionally on the PC. I also have future plans to eventually get her a PS4 when it's worth it (more games, lower price, etc) so i need a headset that's compatible with all of the above. I actually never realized how rare headset compatibility is with both pc and consoles.

For the ps3, she uses the basic playstation wireless bluetooth headset which works fine. However, our set-up currently for PC is that when we both play games together with friends while on skype with a webcam mic and speakers. It's getting pretty frustrating though that other people on skype have to hear themselves when they talk (or we have to yell sometimes) so that's why a headset is imperative. I'm looking for a headset for her though to replace both the PC experience and PS3 experience and just make it better.

I don't have a headset either but plan on getting one for myself as well (PC only, im also torn between the wireless Corsair Gaming H2100 or the wired hyperX Cloud II). I'm not really looking for something real cheap, my budget for her is around $80 to $150 (I'm Canadian so maybe upwards of $200CAD).

Please help!

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

I have a pair of Wireless logitech G930s, and really like them

the thing with wireless in general is that you have to watch the battery, as it will degrade and need to be replaced eventually (if it is rechargeable)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Sony Wireless Headset. They're wireless, sound great, great mic. My boyfriend and I both have used this headset for over a year. They work for ps3, ps4 and pc. $100

They don't actually make these anymore so your best bet is something like ebay.. amazon has them priced for $150 if you want to be safe but ebay is the cheapest route.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9417450957760396691?q=sony+wireless+headset&newwindow=1&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&prds=paur:ClkAsKraXxCEI2ns0j9WCb-uIPLIXKPSThTvSgeSAdExK70GrhuEOcOOwY9c6l9jrtru8XT8YlkbNjjNCCS7lcoq2YBHi40XqZM7F1EXgs_NlXmSpTXecm6LVBIZAFPVH73t4tZ3pWg3EH4tlOIOyWxxql6pzg&ei=qcJDVf-1IIOwogSo5oHgCg&ved=0CLoEEKYrMAE

I have a pair of Wireless logitech G930s, and really like them

the thing with wireless in general is that you have to watch the battery, as it will degrade and need to be replaced eventually (if it is rechargeable)

Will this work with PS3 though?

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Will this work with PS3 though?

This is something that you will have to research, it is USB wireless, but idk if it works on consoles

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

This is something that you will have to research, it is USB wireless, but idk if it works on consoles

I can tell you that they don't work on the ps3 because the USB can not output game audio, a stupid restriction Sony pulled. I don't think it's possible at all to get USB headsets working with a ps3. The headphones do work with chatting, so you can talk and hear people talking over the headphones.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

apaprently not without a lot of modding that I'd rather not do...

The Logitech G930 does not work on PS3. I've owned a pair and tried to make it work, it failed miserably.

No, I think what might do you good is the Skullcandy PLYR 1 wireless headset. I've never had a chance to try them, but I do know that, unlike the Sony Golds or whatever they're called, the PLYR 1 is designed to work equally well with all of those systems, wirelessly. It even comes with Dolby Surround Sound capability (not that you need it, but it's there in case you're into that kind of thing), and an equalizer preset selector among other controls.

It's currently on sale on their website for $149.99. It's the same on Amazon.

Hope this helps.

I wouldnt recommend the G930 at all. The quality of the system is awfull. The earpads will start peeling after certain time because its fake lether. Microphone will lose its LED and might fail too. In mines, the microUSB port fell off and I had to solder a cable directly to the joints where the USB was. Don't recommend any Logitech systems

The only two wireless headsets that I am aware of (that are multi platform) are the Astro A50 (or is it A40, whatever the wireless astro headset is) and the Steelseries H wireless.

That being said, I don't think that either of those options are cheap, so you may have some serious trouble here... :/

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I'm surprised no one mentioned turtle beach?

I'm surprised no one mentioned turtle beach?

I want wireless... and I've broke like 8 turtle beaches lol

The only two wireless headsets that I am aware of (that are multi platform) are the Astro A50 (or is it A40, whatever the wireless astro headset is) and the Steelseries H wireless.

That being said, I don't think that either of those options are cheap, so you may have some serious trouble here... :/

I'm not too worried about the price, I'm willing to save the money if I feel it's worth it

Turtle Beach is overrated garbage as far as I'm concerned. I tried on a set at Walmart, and my ears felt so cramped. Not only that, but the headset felt cheap.

oh well went with a turtle beach PX4, we'll see. got it for $129.99CAD :)

Good luck to you, then. I hope your experience is better than mine.