Looking for First Flight Stick

Tithonius
Go to solution Solved by AlwaysFSX,

The X55 Rhino is great, so is the X52 (Pro) because of the info screen, but I think that's more handy in sims than something like Star Citizen.

Ok, so for a long time now i have been playing games like Elite Dangerous and also some exciting stuff like Star Citizen and doing it with an xbox controller is getting old. Im ready to take it to the next level and i would like to get a good flight stick and throttle combo, fo use in games like this.

The issue i have is that i dont wanna spen TOO much money. I really like the HOTAS Warthog, but again its outside my price range. Anyone have any suggestions for a flight stick that would be good for space simulation games?

Ive kinda got my eye on the Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino, but its just a on the edge of being almost too spendy, anyone got any ideas? i think $200 is gonna be my max price point.

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

The X55 Rhino is great, so is the X52 (Pro) because of the info screen, but I think that's more handy in sims than something like Star Citizen.

Yeah it seems like i wouldnt really need a readout, as most things are gonna just be in game anyway, so yeah the Rino seems good, but idk maybie theres somthing better?

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

Yeah it seems like i wouldnt really need a readout, as most things are gonna just be in game anyway, so yeah the Rino seems good, but idk maybie theres somthing better?

Of course there's always better but I don't think you feel like spending $400 or $500+ on a stick and throttle. I've used the Rhino for a little bit and it's solid, has what you need, and is stupidly durable. Haven't encountered any ghosting or anything with my use of it.

Of course there's always better but I don't think you feel like spending $400 or $500+ on a stick and throttle. I've used the Rhino for a little bit and it's solid, has what you need, and is stupidly durable. Haven't encountered any ghosting or anything with my use of it.

Awsome, its good to know that its a good stick, and yeah i dont wanna spend that much on a flight stick.. :/

Ill hopefully be getting my Obutto Cockpit and tripple monitor mount for it soon, so im super excited :D

Awsome, its good to know that its a good stick, and yeah i dont wanna spend that much on a flight stick.. :/

Ill hopefully be getting my Obutto Cockpit and tripple monitor mount for it soon, so im super excited :D

I've had my Saitek yoke for about 5 years now, it's stood up to a loooot of abuse and this thing is quite cheaply built. So Saitek stuff is great. :D

I've had my Saitek yoke for about 5 years now, it's stood up to a loooot of abuse and this thing is quite cheaply built. So Saitek stuff is great. :D

So your saying that tis cheaply built, but its still good? thats good. Like i said, ill be pretty much bolting it down to the cockpit and i dont plan on it moving at all, so hopefully it can withstand just being used alot. there are alot of good games comming out with star citizen and stuff like that and man, its gonna get alot of use

So your saying that tis cheaply built, but its still good? thats good. Like i said, ill be pretty much bolting it down to the cockpit and i dont plan on it moving at all, so hopefully it can withstand just being used alot. there are alot of good games comming out with star citizen and stuff like that and man, its gonna get alot of use

No no no, the yoke I have is. It's pretty much a plastic shell with a steel rod. The Rhino is stupidly durable compared to the yoke, and the yoke is already durable as hell.

product_152.jpg

No no no, the yoke I have is. It's pretty much a plastic shell with a steel rod. The Rhino is stupidly durable compared to the yoke, and the yoke is already durable as hell.

product_152.jpg

Ah i see, sounds cool, ill go ahead and move forward and buy it!

Ah i see, sounds cool, ill go ahead and move forward and buy it!

99.999999% sure you'll enjoy the hell out of it. :D