How long will it be until we see a jarvis like system?

The problem is the A.I. not the hardware. The most advanced A.I system you can find today is the BigDog from Boston dynamics, which accomplished to walk and not fall in not optimal surfaces. Even siri jokes on the iphone where put by a group of programmers...

not even close....

"siri jokes on the iphone where put by a group of programmers..." no shit.

"siri jokes on the iphone where put by a group of programmers..." no shit.

Sounds trivial but it's opposed to intelligence. Nowadays there are A.Is that can make their own jokes whitout being them hardcoded by people. 

Well, since it had a major part in actually discovering said element and probably had exhaustive information on all the other elements in its memory banks, the second part is pretty easy. "Congratulations sir" can probably be hardcoded in and triggered when you create/find something new or that works as planned, but it still does show how advanced it is. And again, it all depends on how far intelligence must go to be defined as such.

since it is a movie character i can't read it's code to tell if was or not hardcoded. But... when tony makes his first flight test, jarvis remembers there are terabytes of calculations to be done, and tony answers: "Jarvis sometimes you have to run before you can walk". The association of this metaphor can't be done without high level intelligence. Remember even young kids can't get some metaphors, an jarvis could understand (equals to apply proper meaning to this expression and take a decision) run and walk meaning into fly without every calculus being done. Easy for a teenager, difficult for kids, and software. (Btw, im not saying kids are not intelligent, what i am saying is kids very young ones, cant understand the intellectual structure of a metaphor, sarcasm or irony, where words and meaning do not always match). 

When i was young back in the 80's, most of us think by the year 2000 cars can fly and most of the teacher ask us to draw "what do you think when we are at year 2000".Then came out "Back to the future" movie.. unfortunately year 2015 now nothing is flying except planes and what commonly know. As far as Jarvis no idea about it. 

Mobo:Rampage v Extreme **Processor: i7 5930X @ 4.7ghz**Ram:Corsair Vengence 2800 16GB**GPU: GTX Titan X**PSU: 1300W Cooler Master Silent Hybrid**Hard drive: 512gb Plexton Pro SSD**Samsung EVO 1TB SSD**Case: Enthoo Primo** All razers peripehal
WC : Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 480mm Radiator ***Phobya V2 480mm Radiator!!***EK R5E Full Mobo WB***Nickel EK-FC Titan X with Black Backplate from EK*** Bitspower com angle fittings*** Primochill Hardline Fittings**Bitspower Dual Pump top and 200mm Tube Z with MCP655 pwm***Primochill PETG** Mayhem Dye

Follow me in instagram #grimmmreaper88