Project - Wiseplex - a moderate gaming media center

Cwis3man
XgfNdlk.jpg

Hey All - This is my first Build Log here at LTT and I'm excited to share it with all of you. I wanted to make a high end Plex Media Server/NAS that I can also use for moderate gaming that also looked nice. 

Imgur Album that will be updated throughout the build - Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever + Controller (Pulling from Current Media Center)

Reasons for Choosing Parts

i7 4790k - I wanted a higher end CPU because I will be running a VM off of this box for torrenting through a VPN, as well as multiple Plex transcodes at the same time.

The Motherboard - I wanted a motherboard with dual NICs so I can seperate the Plex/VM traffic.  

Kingston Memory - I will have to Modify the case and mount the Rad on the outside, this leaves little clearance for the hoses as they will be coming in right above the memory slots on the motherboard so I had to find some low-profile RAM to accommodate.

GTX 750 Ti - Probably overkill for this build, but I wanted a smaller card that didn't draw much power and since the 750 Ti offers great performance for not much power draw it seemed like a great fit.  

Modifications

Painting the IR Window 

Mounting the IR Window/Receiver

Mounting the Radiator on the outside of the case

Mounting the Xbox Wireless Dongle inside the case

Thanks for viewing!

Main ||  i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz || Corsair H90 || Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 500GB || WD Green 4TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW || Fractal Core 3500 || Corsair CX 500M ||

Wiseplex || i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz || Corsair H50 || Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 250GB || WD Green 6TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC || Fractal Node 605 || Corsair CSM 450 ||

Small update - while waiting for the rest of the stuff to get here I decided to make sure everything posted properly and paint the IR Window, still unsure if I'm going to use the larger one or the smaller one at this point - will decide when the case gets here. 

16FlJNXm.jpg0bH32acm.jpg4oMGnsom.jpg

Main ||  i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz || Corsair H90 || Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 500GB || WD Green 4TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW || Fractal Core 3500 || Corsair CX 500M ||

Wiseplex || i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz || Corsair H50 || Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 250GB || WD Green 6TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC || Fractal Node 605 || Corsair CSM 450 ||

Another Small update - After painting the two Panel Lens covers that I had I wasn't sure which one I wanted to use. I really like the smaller one but I was worried that it would be too small and limit the range/angels the remote would be usable from, I was also worried I had painted it too dark and that the IR signals would not make through. Before drilling into the front panel of the case I decided to test it while I wait for the rest of the parts to arrive. The results were more then satisfying with the smaller window and that's the one I'll be going with in the build.  

6H40Y91m.jpgj7mfU7zm.jpg