Why don't I see as much hype about 5820k? Why are there no 6700 vs 5820?

As of yesterday night leaks of details and benchmarks of the new 6700k come out but I see no debates on "6700k vs the six core 5820k".

Why is that? Would the price range be that much of a difference? In my opinion I'd rather invest a bit more money on the already DDR4 capable higher performing and newer hexacore CPU for £46 more than an older 4770k. And even for the 6700k if the performance will be that much more difference when it comes down to encoding.

Anyway, just a little ramble and confusion going on in my head right now...

CPU: AMD A10-6700 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£93.14 @ Amazon UK) 

Motherboard: MSI A68HM-P33 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  (£32.99 @ Novatech) 

Total: £126.13

vs

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  (£311.94 @ Aria PC) 

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme3 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£133.74 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £445.68

The 5820k route is more than 3x more expensive and they're in two completely different leagues.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

vs
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme3 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£133.74 @ Amazon UK) 

The 5820k route is more than 3x more expensive and they're in two completely different leagues.

Hes talking about the I7 6700K, who's benchmarks were leaked apparently.

Its not all that different though than the 4790K today... The next "big thing" from intel is just another 10% bump in performance and a bit more efficency. I pray that Zen puts a big enough dent into intels market share to get them back into making actual fucking gains with product generations, instead of just keeping a fucking status quo by pumping out a *New* architecture with virtually no significant gains what-so-ever.

People give apple shit for making a new phone every 8 months that is only marginally better than the last, and here intel is doing the same fucking shit and no one cares, no most people praise them for paving the way to a future of fucking 5-10% improvements every 18 months or so. They can do a whole lot better, and they know it. But they don't have to do better because there's nothing else that people can buy for that performance, they've a fucking monopoly on good cpus now, and have no pressure AT ALL to push any sort of boundaries now.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

@WoodenMarker; he means the upcoming Skylake i7 6700K.

Leaked benchmarks do not prove anything as they're likely not genuine, and thus how rumors spread. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Its not all that different though than the 4790K today... The next "big thing" from intel is just another 10% bump in performance and a bit more efficency. I pray that Zen puts a big enough dent into intels market share to get them back into making actual fucking gains with product generations, instead of just keeping a fucking status quo by pumping out a *New* architecture with virtually no significant gains what-so-ever.

People give apple shit for making a new phone every 8 months that is only marginally better than the last, and here intel is doing the same fucking shit and no one cares, no most people praise them for paving the way to a future of fucking 5-10% improvements every 18 months or so. They can do a whole lot better, and they know it. But they don't have to do better because there's nothing else that people can buy for that performance, they've a fucking monopoly on good cpus now, and have no pressure AT ALL to push any sort of boundaries now.

Oh haha, my bad. 

In that case, change what I mentioned to:

The hype for Skylake started a while back ago and has since died down. Hype can only last so long.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Its good to have more IPC for gaming, but right now its so little difference

But its true that 5 year overclocked xeon old hexa core @ 4ghz beats todays haswell i7 in multi thread. So more cores much better than like 5% IPC.

Even comparing non hyperthreaded and hyperthreaded cpus, todays i5s cant even touch sandy bridge i7s.

vs

Damn, I thought at least moderators would read the whole first post before posting

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Damn, I thought at least moderators would read the whole first post before posting

I did. There wasn't anything mentioned in the OP that couldn't also apply to AMD's 6700k.

The hype for Skylake started a while back ago and has since died down. Hype can only last so long.

I am still hyped for it

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Leaked benchmarks do not prove anything as they're likely not genuine, and thus how rumors spread. 

This is one of the sources. Even if it is not fully accurate, it is rather believable. The benchmarks show poorer performance of the quad intel's 6700k to the six core 5820k.

I did. There wasn't anything mentioned in the OP that couldn't also apply to AMD's 6700k.

Looks like you still haven't read the first post.

He mentioned that 6700k's benchmarks were leaked last night, surely he must mean the apu released two years ago which does not even end with "k".

Looks like you still haven't read the first post.

He mentioned that 6700k's benchmarks were leaked last night, surely he must mean the apu released two years ago which does not even end with "k".

The 6700 and 6700k are different cpus. The K-sku is less prevalent in computer parts retailers as they are usually found in pre-built systems.

The 6700 and 6700k are different cpus. The K-sku is less prevalent in computer parts retailers as they are usually found in pre-built systems.

Nice addressing only other argument and not even providing source since google or wikipedia do not have anything about amd's 6700k

Nice addressing only other argument and not even providing source since google or wikipedia do not have anything about amd's 6700k

I made a mistake. I assumed the 6700k was an oem product like the 760 Ti but it turns out to just be a prevailing misnomer of the 6700. 

As for benchmarks being leaked, that can happen at anytime after the benchmarks have done. It wouldn't be the first time a member has posted something along the lines of "I found what seems to be new post (but it's actually pretty old). How come no one has heard about this before?"