Concerned about my CPU temps (help needed)

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

hyper 212 evo

stop running any stress tests or games until you get the new cooler

you might kill it

(SOLVED)

So i recently upgraded my processor from a Athlon x4 740x to a Athlon x4 860K, its been great but i think i started thermal throttling during a CSGO match, mid way through the game i checked and my processor was at 200 degrees Fahrenheit according to  HWMonitor, immediately after i was done i closed the game and just left my computer alone for a bit, ill add screenshots so you guys can make your suggestions, i have not overclocked the processor, its being cooled by the stock heatsink (POOP).

dcV3yUk.png

dZOnqaZ.png

Any suggestions on proper cooling for this processor

forgot to mention ive had a fan blowing at my computer for a good couple hours now and im still in the triple digits (temp)

hyper 212 evo

you might kill it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

check fans, are they on?

actively blowing air?

heat sink fan on?

thermal paste good?

Yes everything is on ive even got a fan blowing at it, it still has its stock thermal paste on also 

Yes everything is on ive even got a fan blowing at it, it still has its stock thermal paste on also 

strange...

hyper 212 evo

you might kill it

Noted, thank you

Noted, thank you

if you want to spend more money you can get a NH-D14 or D15 but the hyper 212 evo will be good enough for this CPU and it only costs $30

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

hyper 212 evo

you might kill it

strange...

any specific thermal paste i should buy, or just use the one the hyper 212 comes with?

forgot to mention ive had a fan blowing at my computer for a good couple hours now and im still in the triple digits (temp)

212 evo also gets my recommendation. you don't need an expensive cooler, as that will get close to the more expensive coolers for cheap

any specific thermal paste i should buy, or just use the one the hyper 212 comes with?

whatever is included will likely be fine. I use MX4 but most included thermal paste is reasonably good paste

you can get some MX-4 if you want for future use (if you ever take the heatsink off you will need to replace it) and its pretty much the best thermal paste

but the stock thermal paste will work fine, it will only be a few degrees hotter than MX-4

Spoiler

icy diamond, the included paste should be good enough, they sell artic cooler at best buy for like 7 bucks...

whatever comes with it is 99% fine

you can get some MX-4 if you want for future use (if you ever take the heatsink off you will need to replace it) and its pretty much the best thermal paste

but the stock thermal paste will work fine, it will only be a few degrees hotter than MX-4

icy diamond?

icy diamond?

icD and NT-H1 are good too

Spoiler

lol

icy diamonds the best u can get out there right

I think....

the best is some coolaboratory liquid metal stuff  which is extremely dangerous to apply

icd and NH-T1 are within margin of error of MX-4 so i would say those are the top three

Spoiler

the best is some coolaboratory liquid metal stuff  which is extremely dangerous to apply

icd and NH-T1 are within margin of error of MX-4 so i would say those are the top three

lol