Why I'm optimistic about Call of Duty: Black Ops III

TopWargamer

I use to be a fan of the Call of Duty games way back when, but they started to become extremely stale, boring, and well, the same thing every year, or at least every entry (looking at you Modern Warfare 2 and 3). Recently the Black Ops III game play trailer came out, and I have to say, it looks really cool....and fun. Now obviously I need to get my hands on it and play it, and trust me, I will.

(And yes, I know that Treyarch makes the Black Ops series and Infinity Ward makes the Modern Warfare series.) 

The latest game play trailer for Black Ops III looks well....cool! Just look for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCo5zLOumPA

As everybody else it saying, it definitely looks like a combination of Titanfall and Deus Ex and of course those elements from the Call of Duty games. It's futurisitc, which isn't something new in the franchise, but is new for Treyarch. Having a game being set in a futuristic setting brings in way more possibilities and creativity. And going back to the trailer, it looks like Treyarch is having fun with it (both the trailer and the game). Plus there's actually colors! Now, it's nothing like Halo colorful, but it's definitely an improvement from the 50 shades of brown of the previous Call of Duty games. 

If Black Ops players anything like Titanfall and/or Deus Ex, then I think I am really going to enjoy this game. This is the first Call of Duty that I've actually been excited for in many years. The last one was Call of Duty 4... Can't wait to get my hands on the game and try it out.

I'm extremely optimistic. 

What do you think about Black Ops III? 

COMIC SANS

And so continues CoD's eventual transformation into a game so bland and vanilla that it becomes more un-unique than the color brown itself. Honestly, it all just shows the same crap...

Ohh blurry lines between ethics in warfare!

Ohhh, Its all about a new invasion and stereotypical mass fleet of ships flying overhead during crucial point of the campaign.

Hey look, they've got those robot police from Elysium now! 

Really don't see how anyone but the die-hard CoD fans can be excited for this... Just another shameless rebranding of a tired old gaming franchise with little to no truly new features in a game since 2009. Well played EA, well played Treyarch, Well played Sledgehammer. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Hey, it seems that Zombie mode is back, so this better be gud...

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

It's futurisitc, which isn't something new in the franchise, but is new for Treyarch. 

Treyarch made Black Ops 2, which is set in 2025. I'm pretty sure that Black Ops 2 is futuristic and it isn't new for Treyarch.

As for my opinion on BO3 so far, it looks like crap and I'm not interested. It'll probably be a solid shooter, but it's far from what I'd consider a shooter I'd be interested in playing.

Treyarch made Black Ops 2, which is set in 2025. I'm pretty sure that Black Ops 2 is futuristic and it isn't new for Treyarch.

My bad. That was one that I didn't really play much of, so ya...

COMIC SANS

Hey, it seems that Zombie mode is back, so this better be gud...

"EXO ZOMBIEZ!"

All the zombies can fly and have weapons

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

WHY THE HELL CANT ANYONE MAKE GAMES ABOUT WW2 ANYMORE???????

Am i the only one sick of all the super future crap these days?

It's literally the exact same as AW

Garbage exo suits

The exo suits were awesome, and made the franchise fun enough to play regularly since MW2. The only people that didn't like them were the people that couldn't adapt to the play style, which was miles better than the run of the mill CoD.

Now with that being said, I don't think we need another future game. I would really like a WWII game. Those are some of the most fun imo.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

It's literally the exact same as AW

Garbage exo suits

There won't be exos.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

There won't be exos.

But there was in the trailer?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

But there was in the trailer?

Thrusters. They wont be like boosting in mid air on aw, it will be more "chill". Also wall running.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

all we wanted was ww2 era or even cold war, not futuristic garbage :/ is that so much to ask for? 

all we wanted was ww2 era or even cold war, not futuristic garbage :/ is that so much to ask for? 

Well Bo3 had to follow its roots. Maybe Infinity Ward has something in their hand.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Well this is a disappointment. I understand that it is easier to create a futuristic game mainly because you don't need to be very accurate with Storyline, weapons, etc because you make them up. I was really looking forward to a new ww2 shooter, accurate depiction, accurate gun models. If it were I'd have bought it. But seeing as it is just the same run of the mill crap they keep shooting out I'm not interested. I played black ops 2 for around an hour on PC and the only maps worth anything are the ones I've seen before. The last game by them which interested me enough to still play the odd game today was WAW. I know they chose futuristic because it's an easy demographic. Not adventurous and not new. Zombies was fun but only because you blew away hordes of undead not because they can fly around and crap, if that's what I wanted then I'd of asked for a progressively harder enemy soldier not progressively harder flying super zombies...

Overall I'm disappointed by the choice of genre.

Will anybody make a WW2 or at least some form of historical battle, war? Lots to choose from that not many have PROPERLY touched. Korea, Vietnam, to name but 2.

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

Well Bo3 had to follow its roots. Maybe Infinity Ward has something in their hand.

I think the point he was trying to make was that they didn't need to create a third black ops. Not that black ops needed to go back in time.

The futuristic genre is pretty much over saturated at this point, just like ww2 shooters were 7 years ago

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

Treayarch had the chance to save the franchise, but they haven't.
They're just following on from sledgehammer hand bring back the pogo stick simulator

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

The only thing that has me a little interested is the fact it's already running at 60 FPS on 4K for PC. The dev's said at the press conference that they want to shift the CoD community back onto PC were it all started.

And the fact we've already got min spec's out and it's  April! This is something we don't hear about until a month before release. Lol.