Corsair RM vs Corsair AX vs EVGA G2

Go to solution Solved by quan289,

Amazon like new quality might be the old models though.

Well, the lot number for the CWT-based 750w units with Full Japanese caps are 1438 and up. This mean the 38 week of 2014 (September 15-21). The guy claimed to have it for 2 months, so he bought it ~5 months after the revision. He probably got the updated revision.

Either way, I do not recommend getting a used PSU as the warranty is non-transferable, will be a pain to deal with DOA / RMA, and as such would recommend sticking to getting the EVGA Supernova 750w G2.

Which one should I get Corsair RM 750 priced at $78 EVGA G2 850 $118 Corsair AX860 non i $129.95

they are all good

if you only need 750W though then get the 750W PSU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the RM series uses cheap chiniese caps on the secondary circuits and japanese caps on the primary, while the EVGA g2 and corsair HX, and some others like the rosewill capstone use 100% japanese caps on everything

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

What rig are you powering?

I wouldn't get RM with the recent (albeit small) troubles they are having and not being as good as the Seasonic made AX860 or SuperFlower made EVGA G2

How much is the G2 750W?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

they are all good

if you only need 750W though then get the 750W PSU

I heard the RM is trash.

What rig are you powering?

I wouldn't get RM with the recent (albeit small) troubles they are having and not being as good as the Seasonic made AX860 or SuperFlower made EVGA G2

How much is the G2 750W?

Rig 

• I5 4690k
  • 16gb or ram
  • maximus vii hero
  • gtx 970(sli future)
  • 2tb hdd 1 250gb ssd

EVGA G2 750 is $105

I heard the RM is trash.

yup

why isnt hte 750w G2 on there?

EDIT: I would get the 850w G2 allows triple sli for ~$5 more

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Rig 

• I5 4690k
  • 16gb or ram
  • maximus vii hero
  • gtx 970(sli future)
  • 2tb hdd 1 250gb ssd

EVGA G@ 750 is $105

750W G2 then. More than enough for 970 SLI.

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Rig 

• I5 4690k
  • 16gb or ram
  • maximus vii hero
  • gtx 970(sli future)
  • 2tb hdd 1 250gb ssd

EVGA G@ 750 is $105

EVGA750G2 is perfect for 970 SLI

EVGA750/850G2 are amazing PSUs, better than corair :)

750W G2 then. More than enough for 970 SLI.

Evga since rm has cheap chinese caps.

no Corsair PSUs pls

I know RM is corsair doing there put a sticker on a product and suddenly its worth alot more money *cough cough* RAM. But what about the AX many youtubers use the AX power supplies Also RM is cheaper.

Edited by XxDeadpool67xX

I know RM is corsair doing there put a sticker and suddenly its worth alot more money. But what about the AX Also RM is cheaper.

G2 is cheaper than AX. Slightly more expensive than RM. Much better quality than RM, cheaper than AX and has a 10 year warranty and is of similar quality.

The 750W G2 is the PSU to go for.

EVGA G2, or Corsair HX / AX lines or XFX or seasonic or Superflower or some NZXT or some Cooler masters...

Of the ones you listed, I'd personally go the AX860 (Though the 760 would be perfect for sli) stay away from the RM's when possible.

The EVGA G2's were brilliant for their price but thats shot up in the last few months so they are still VERY good PSU's but not the great bargain it was.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

G2 is cheaper than AX. Slightly more expensive than RM. Much better quality than RM, cheaper than AX and has a 10 year warranty and is of similar quality.

The 750W G2 is the PSU to go for.

Thanks I'm guessing 80+ platinum just sounds better but doesn't make a big difference. Also besides the longer warranty whats the difference between g1 and g2?

Thanks I'm guessing 80+ platinum just sounds better but doesn't make a big difference. Also besides the longer warranty whats the difference between g1 and g2?

G1 is made by FSP based on Aurum, basically the G2 is a considerably better unit

If you want platinum go EVGA P2

I heard the RM is trash.

its not

theres just tons of people bashing it because it doesn't use japanese caps

but these people don't realize that just because they arent japanese doesnt mean they are bad quality

there are good caps made in china and bad caps made in japan too

the place they are manufactured does not correlate to quality

the RM series IS cheaper than the other two high end PSUs, but that does not mean that it will break sooner or explode or damage anything

its just more of a budget option

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

EVGA G2, or Corsair HX / AX lines or XFX or seasonic or Superflower or some NZXT or some Cooler masters...

Of the ones you listed, I'd personally go the AX860 (Though the 760 would be perfect for sli) stay away from the RM's when possible.

The EVGA G2's were brilliant for their price but thats shot up in the last few months so they are still VERY good PSU's but not the great bargain it was.

So its worth the extra $30 for platinum and 110 watts? I don't need 110 extra watts and platinum just sounds better you won't get a whole next level saving.

So its worth the extra $30 for platinum and 110 watts?

No, you won't need 860W for SLI 970s, the Platinum makes barely any difference and you get an extra 3 years warranty with the G2

The current Corsair RM750/850 is now V2. It is based on a different platform (CSH-like) from a different OEM (CWT instead of Hipro), and now has full Japanese caps.

Where are you getting the RM750 for $78, btw? While it is still inferior to the other two higher-end units, that actually isn't a terrible deal.

The current Corsair RM750/850 is now V2. It is based on a different platform (CSH-like) from a different OEM (CWT instead of Hipro), and now has full Japanese caps.

Where are you getting the RM750 for $78, btw? While it is still inferior to the other two higher-end units, that actually isn't a terrible deal.

If it's "like new" then beware of warranty, you might not get much/any at all if there's no original invoice

Beware of this also

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18665616

Well, the lot number for the CWT-based 750w units with Full Japanese caps are 1438 and up. This mean the 38 week of 2014 (September 15-21). The guy claimed to have it for 2 months, so he bought it ~5 months after the revision. He probably got the updated revision.

Either way, I do not recommend getting a used PSU as the warranty is non-transferable, will be a pain to deal with DOA / RMA, and as such would recommend sticking to getting the EVGA Supernova 750w G2.

The g2 uses all Japanese capacitors. Is tier 1. The g1 is a tier 3. The g2 750 is about the best you can get.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.