dilemma...

sooooo, i have no idea what to choose. both have good things and both have good things about it. 

Option 1: 27" 1920x1080p 60hz    

Option 2: 24" 1920x1080 120hz     

my tougths:

op1: It`s bigger (bigger better :P) so it is more impressive and its better if i want to watch from my bed, but not 120hz

op2: Smaler screen but faster refresh rate so its supposed to be smoother

120Hz 24'', just because a 27'' 1920x1080 display has just an awfully low ppi.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

@ 27", 1080p resolutions start to seem to.. degrade. Unless the monitor is 2-3 feet away from your eyes at all times, you're gonna notice dem pixels.

The XL2420T is $180 USD on Amazon right now. That or you can get the VG248QE which is a litte bit cheaper. 

Personal preference you have to choose but definitely don't get a 27" unless you are going to get one that is 2560x1440.

@ 27", 1080p resolutions start to seem to.. degrade. Unless the monitor is 2-3 feet away from your eyes at all times, you're gonna notice dem pixels

hm..... four feet :D

24'' if you are close , if you're far away from the display ( u no have tv?) then ofc the 27'' 

Interested in Business and Technology

I would go with the 24", better PPI, 120Hz, and you may not always be 4 feet away from your display, ( If you decide to move workstations or such )

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

The only reason to get a 27" monitor is for higher than 1080p resolution because the ppi is a little bad on 27" 1080p monitors.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

1080p at 24", regardless of refresh rate. 27" 1080p is pointless because you will have to be pretty far back from your monitor for the jaggies in games not to look horrific, even with x32 antialiasing.

120hz is also great. I'd also recommend looking into the light boost hack. The Asus VG248QE and BenQ XL2411T are the best monitors, if you want to do that hack. I'm using the hack, myself, and it makes everything so much smoother, but the colors get messed up.

24'' if you are close , if you're far away from the display ( u no have tv?) then ofc the 27''

Yea i have a tv, but i fancy not to have a 38" tv on my pc desk :P

Yea i have a tv, but i fancy not to have a 38" tv on my pc desk :P

Well , why are you 4 feet away from your monitor? I relly would suggest getting the 120HZ 24'' and sitting a little closer to it , it'll be such a nicer option...

Well , why are you 4 feet away from your monitor? I relly would suggest getting the 120HZ 24'' and sitting a little closer to it , it'll be such a nicer option...

i do that while watching youtube videos. im 2 feet from it while gaming/typing etc, im literaly lying almost breaking the chair while watching youtube :P 

i do that while watching youtube videos. im 2 feet from it while gaming/typing etc, im literaly lying almost breaking the chair while watching youtube :P

Why not just get the 24 inch and then when you want to sit back and watch youtube videos just plug your pc into the tv

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Get the 24'' it's better in many ways , some reasons

• You have a ''big'' screen already 38'' TV
  • The ppi on the 24 inch monitor is way better and so it's way sharper
  • You will notice a difference between 60 fps and 120 fps 
  • you can do 3D with a 120 HZ montor ( nvidia 3d vision)
  • It's an overall better product
  • You will not be bottlenecked by the monitor in a way that if your graphics card put out more than 60 fps that you won't be able to see the 60+ fps
  • it's a better product overall
  • just get it
  • if these reasons aren't enough to convince you then you shouldn't have made this topic and went for the 27'' straight away.
  • HI!

;)

Get the 24'' it's better in many ways , some reasons

• You have a ''big'' screen already 38'' TV
  • The ppi on the 24 inch monitor is way better and so it's way sharper
  • You will notice a difference between 60 fps and 120 fps
  • you can do 3D with a 120 HZ montor ( nvidia 3d vision)
  • It's an overall better product
  • You will not be bottlenecked by the monitor in a way that if your graphics card put out more than 60 fps that you won't be able to see the 60+ fps
  • it's a better product overall
  • just get it
  • if these reasons aren't enough to convince you then you shouldn't have made this topic and went for the 27'' straight away.
  • HI!
;)
Convinced :P

Convinced :P

Yay :lol:

Get a Korean OCed to 120hz 1440p 27in monitor...

Yeah, OP, get a factory rejected panel that has no features and no warranty. It'll be really good, IPS isn't even supposed to run at 120hz or higher, but they're so cheap you can just buy a new one when it dies in a year  ;)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Lyons, on 16 Jul 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

Yeah, OP, get a factory rejected panel that has no features and no warranty. It'll be really good, IPS isn't even supposed to run at 120hz or higher, but they're so cheap you can just buy a new one when it dies in a year ;)

Or he could go through 4 dells like these guys and still not get a good one... :lol: And then get a refurbished one after 30days... :P ..Meanwhile when my monitor breaks i get a full refund to buy a better one..Heck i will probably just drop kick it after a year anyways to buy something cooler..

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/30730-u2713hm-madness/page-3

Or this poor guy who wen't through 4 monitors with crosshatching..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19515123.aspx

Or these guys who are mad that a $400 monitor is better then there Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19468377/20193005.aspx#20193005

And this guy who got a refurb replacement for dead pixels and the new one also had dead pixels..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19487639.aspx

Wait this poor guy got 4 BAD REPLACEMENTS 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19514325.aspx

And yet you say the Korean panels are defects?

OneGun, on 17 Jul 2013 - 5:01 PM, said:

Or he could go through 4 dells like these guys and still not get a good one... :lol: And then get a refurbished one after 30days... :P ..Meanwhile when my monitor breaks i get a full refund to buy a better one..Heck i will probably just drop kick it after a year anyways to buy something cooler..

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/30730-u2713hm-madness/page-3

Or this poor guy who wen't through 4 monitors with crosshatching..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19515123.aspx

Or these guys who are mad that a $400 monitor is better then there Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19468377/20193005.aspx#20193005

And this guy who got a refurb replacement for dead pixels and the new one also had dead pixels..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19487639.aspx

Wait this poor guy got 4 BAD REPLACEMENTS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19514325.aspx

And yet you say the Korean panels are defects?

PB278Q, U2711 or S27A850 then. Quit your damn bitching.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

PB278Q, U2711 or S27A850 then. Quit your damn bitching.

HAHA!!! :P