Does this flowrate seem low for a D5 on setting 5?

Where is the pump in the system?

Also, why the lack of water?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I dont know a lot about watercooling, but isnt there supposed to be alot more water in there?

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I lowered the water level so you could see the flow. If you look at like :06 you can catch a glimpse. The pump is right below the res. Res-pump-240-240-SLI GPU in Series-140-cpu-420-res.

240 xspc ex and ex crossflow

140 Alphacool XT45

420 xspc ex

xspc raystorm and 780ti blocks

Where is the pump in the system?

Also, why the lack of water?

What's in the loop? List parts

The main reason I ask is because even with all those rads, my temps still get into the 60's from a 22C ambient

The main reason I ask is because even with all those rads, my temps still get into the 60's from a 22C ambient

The temp of the water or your cards or your CPU? The 780TI has a TDP of 250W, so thats 500Ws to dissipate, which is quite a lot. With my basic maths, and assuming 1200RPM fans and all 120mm radiators, you should be looking at a water temp of +13 over ambient, so 35C water temp. My R9 290 also has a tdp of 250W and I get up to 60C on that as well. Also flow rate won't effect temps in your loop, the liquid moves too fast to get warmer in one area before it moves on.

The temp of the water or your cards or your CPU? The 780TI has a TDP of 250W, so thats 500Ws to dissipate, which is quite a lot. With my basic maths, and assuming 1200RPM fans and all 120mm radiators, you should be looking at a water temp of +13 over ambient, so 35C water temp. My R9 290 also has a tdp of 250W and I get up to 60C on that as well. Also flow rate won't effect temps in your loop, the liquid moves too fast to get warmer in one area before it moves on.

The cpu goes upwards of 65 after like a half hour of gaming, gpus hover around 60.