Help choosing components for a custom loop (TJ-07, 3930k)

Hello to the watercooling guru's of this subforum!

I'm working on a mod project for my TJ-07 which includes a plan for a custom water cooling loop.  I currently have a 3930k which is inadequately cooled by the H100i I currently have hooked up to it.  As of right now, I plan only to include a cpu block in this loop, but hope to add gpu blocks in the future (yes I know this means re-plumbing my case, I like projects).  

I have made a front intake grill out of perforated mesh and it will house a 240mm by 45mm thick radiator, and have room in the basement of the case for a radiator approximatly 420mm long (I planned for a 3x120mm rad down there).  I haven't decided whether I want hard or soft tubing.  I know that hard loops are... well... hard, but I'm pretty stubborn and pay attention to details, and I love the look of hard-tubed rigs.  

So what I'm hoping I can get from you folks is recommendations for high-quality components for this loop.  From what I understand about custom loops, I will need:

- a 3x120mm rad (thickness whatever, I will be using NF-F12's)

- a 2x120mm rad (thickness ~45mm)

- a pump (I was thinking a Swiftech mcp 655 as Linus keeps recommending it)

- a reservoir (something that won't spill if I tip the case over)

- a cpu block for a 2011 socket (specifically the Rampage IV Black Edition)

- tubing (hard or soft is undecided)

- fittings (I keep hearing about Bitspower fittings, so I'm inclined to go with them)

My budget is yet to be determined, but I'd prefer to fall under $1000 at this time.  Any recommendations that you can make will be very much appreciated.  Also, please let me know if I have left something out, as this will be my first custom loop (I have a friend who has done several that I will entice with beer to help me).  I plan to write a build log at some point soon about this mod, so everyone can see the pictures.  I really want to make a gorgeous loop to go with my gorgeous case.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

I think you do have enough budget to get what you want.

What gpu do you have?  or you are just going to set a cpu only loop?  3930k is 130w tdp at stock. 

Is the 45mm rad the XT45 from alphacool?  What fpi anyway?

I favor your pump choice, please get one with speed control notch at the back or a pwm one.  It doesnt have to be from Swiftech.  Any D5 is the same from Laing.

BP fittings are really good, but the price is higher than most what I have seen.  

I have a question! Can I mount coolers on BOTH sides of the  240mm radiator?

I think you do have enough budget to get what you want.

What gpu do you have?  or you are just going to set a cpu only loop?  3930k is 130w tdp at stock. 

Is the 45mm rad the XT45 from alphacool?  What fpi anyway?

I favor your pump choice, please get one with speed control notch at the back or a pwm one.  It doesnt have to be from Swiftech.  Any D5 is the same from Laing.

BP fittings are really good, but the price is higher than most what I have seen.  

Currently I have an ASUS GTX 780 DCuII.  I was planning just a 3930k in the loop initially, but I'm planning to get new graphics cards eventually that I will want to cool.  

I was envisioning the XT45 from alphacool, or at least those were the measurements that I was using to make the front intake grill, but I'm open to suggestions if there are better options.  Is there a higher fpi 45mm thick rad out there that you would recommend?

Ok thanks for the pump suggestions, and yes I was planning to get the speed control one.

Thanks for the reply!

@ everyone else: I'm surprised that no one wanted to tout their favorite manufacturer or parts.  That's what I was expecting and hoping for from this thread.  Does no one else have opinions on this matter, or was my thread just too broad and asking folks to do too much work?

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

There was a lot to read and honestly you seem to already know what your doing. My suggestions are to go for soft tube becasue it is so much easier, and you can still make straight-ish tubing runs with fittings. Best soft tube is Primochill Advanced LRT. You may also want to go with a pump/res combo, but thats optional, just saves on space and fittings. Go for Bitspower fittings for sure, I bought some alphacool, koolance and Enzotech and honestly the bitspower work the best.

If you are looking restrictedly 45mm thickness, I honestly don't know any.  
780 is a hot card(250w).  But like newer cards now seem to be lower tdp. 980(165w), 970(145w).  
AMD cards are different story. we will have to wait for 300 series to come out.

Where are you planning to mount your rads? Both down the bottom?
I would look into these rads if they fit.
But by all means, I personally would choose XT45 because it's lower fpi+medium thickness.

http://hardwarelabs.com/nemesis/nemesis-products/nemesis-gtx/nemesis-240gtx

http://hardwarelabs.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=8

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-pe-240-dual.html

Thank you Necrodead, Wirerat, and GhostHitWall for the replies.  I guess I did have a better idea than I thought I did, but the input helped to reassure me.  I do only have 45mm of space in the front of the case, so I suppose I'll be getting the XT45.  I could fabricate another intake, I think the XT45 should be sufficient in addition to whatever 360mm rad I put in the basement.  I do think I will be restricted to getting a separate pump and reservoir, as I plan to put the pump in the basement and it will be tight as it stands right now.  The case should have ample room for a reservoir, but I'll measure it out before I make a purchase.  

Barring other suggestions, I guess I'll get the XT45 360mm radiator from alphacool as well.  

One question that I forgot to ask: do you think this (45x240mm plus 45x360mm) will provide enough cooling power for a 3930k and two gtx cards (say for the sake of answering two 780's but I'm more likely to get newer cards)?