Batman Arkham Knight System Requirements Announced!

XplosiveNoctua99

If the 290x is the recommended AMD GPU for ultra. I would have expected the recommended Nvidia GPU to be 780ti, not the 980. I know Kepler has been losing ground in newer games but still... Well at least it makes more sense than the witcher 3 recommended specs.

Also of note, the devs have pretty much equated an i7-3770 with an fx-8350...

Lots of devs do that now. But still an fx-8350 will not perform as well as a 3770 in games until Vulkan and DX12 hit. The devs feel the need to mention an AMD chip and the fx-8350 is the most logical choice for decent performance. If you go any higher on the AMD side you are talking about exotic chips with 200 watt TDPs which most gamers avoid and also aren't that much quicker in games.

Overboard with Ultra settings. How could the minimum be a 7850 which is what the consoles have...or close to it and give PC users ridiculous specs for ultra?

A 7850 to a 980 is ridiculous.... 980 Is close to a solid 3x better. My guess is that a 7850 will run fine on minimum gfx 1080p and some medium settings or some even normal/high. Nothing on Ultra except maybe some post FX processing. This is all of course guess work.

I can't believe an i5-2500K with a GTX 770 4 Gb Ram couldn't run this at 1080p on Ultra with 2x AA at least and be fine. Anywhere from 40-55 fps is fine with me.

And yea a 780ti should be Ultra easy.

The 980's should be Ultra in 2k  Titan X for 4K. My guess.

Minimum requirements:

• Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660/ AMD Radeon HD 7850

Recommended Requirements:

• Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760/ AMD Radeon R9 280

Ultra Requirements:

• GraphicsCard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980/ AMD Radeon R9 290X

Did you add AMD GPU yourself? Because all the websites I seen only shows Nvidia GPUs, no AMD GPUs. I'm not surprise since this is an Nvidia-sponsored game and historically Nvidia-sponsored games runs terrible on AMD, so if you did add the AMD GPU to the list yourself you should replace it with one model above, so a HD 7850 should be a HD 7870 or R9 280, R9 280 with R9 280X, and R9 290X with Crossfire R9 290X. I hate these hardware-sponsored games, especially if it is by Nvidia.

Nvidia - "Ruining the competition through proprietary software since 1993"

twimtbp.png

Hell, even tomshardware got the idea: "...a comparable AMD card (to a GTX 760) wasn't mentioned, but it is likely that the AMD Radeon R9 280 would be the closest GPU in AMD's lineup and should work fine as well."

A R9 280 is equivalent to a GTX 760? lel

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/batman-arkham-knight-system-requirements,28991.html

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I will have to turn a couple things down like shadow quality. Heck, I dont even notice a difference when shadows are a little bit turned down. I will be able to play it very high and it will look glorious.

Its new physics engine must be optimized.

The actual bats that fly out of the Batcave are simulated in real-time to mimic real Peruvian Mega Chiroptera In its natural habitat.

Sadly it also tanks your FPS by 30% >.> <.< ^.^

I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.288V                 Corsair Vengeance 12GB Cas8                          Overclocker Thug life
MSI-Gaming-7                                       Corsair Sandforce GT 120gig                             http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Jb6h   (Current Build)

OCZ Vertex2 60gig                               Corsair F60 60gig

Did you add AMD GPU yourself? Because all the websites I seen only shows Nvidia GPUs, no AMD GPUs. I'm not surprise since this is an Nvidia-sponsored game and historically Nvidia-sponsored games runs terrible on AMD, so if you did add the AMD GPU to the list yourself you should replace it with one model above, so a HD 7850 should be a HD 7870 or R9 280, R9 280 with R9 280X, and R9 290X with Crossfire R9 290X. I hate these hardware-sponsored games, especially if it is by Nvidia.

Nvidia - "Ruining the competition through proprietary software since 1993"

twimtbp.png

Hell, even tomshardware got the idea: "...a comparable AMD card (to a GTX 760) wasn't mentioned, but it is likely that the AMD Radeon R9 280 would be the closest GPU in AMD's lineup and should work fine as well."

A R9 280 is equivalent to a GTX 760? lel

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/batman-arkham-knight-system-requirements,28991.html

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=16646&game=Batman:%20Arkham%20Knight&title=Batman:%20Arkham%20Knight%20System%20Requirements

AMD GPU's from here ;)

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

1.) I will need to upgrade. I have a GTX670 and while the GTX660 is not as good of a card running this game at lower settings is just not an option for me. I have a i7 4790k so that is handled I will more then likely pick up a GTX980 once Nvidia Bundles the game with there cards. 

2.) When I upgrade I'll be able to play on Ultra hopefully easily at 1080P

3.) I expected it certainly after watching the trailers and the gameplay footage no way this game was going to go with the Arkham City system requirements the game looks a lot better. 

A new low for gameworks and complicit devs?

Arkham Knight Steam Store page; no AMD GPU listed under recommended specs, even though the Nvidia recommendation is only a 760.

Trying to get a subtle message across? Despite the fact that there are probably six AMD GPUs faster than a 760...

Other places on the Internet have AMD cards listed but the steam store page is what the devs/publishers can directly control.

If that's their intention then this is a really petty level of competition. As if having your game render different effects on the GPU depending on hardware vendor wasn't bad enough... This kind of stuff is the antithesis of what PC gaming was built on.

Arkham_Knight_recommended_specs.png

A new low for gameworks and complicit devs?

Arkham Knight Steam Store page; no AMD GPU listed under recommended specs, even though the Nvidia recommendation is only a 760.

Trying to get a subtle message across? Despite the fact that there are probably six AMD GPUs faster than a 760...

Other places on the Internet have AMD cards listed but the steam store page is what the devs/publishers can directly control.

If that's their intention then this is a really petty level of competition. As if having your game render different effects on the GPU depending on hardware vendor wasn't bad enough... This kind of stuff is the antithesis of what PC gaming was built on.

-snip-

Given that AMD doesn't run Physx I would say that it's safe to say that there recommendations are good. If you have a 290X and are not running Physx you will probably have no issue in the world running the game on Ultra. I understand the frustration though. This is pretty typical for the Batman games they are very hardware driven games. I find myself waiting for them to bundle the game with GTX980's before I upgrade. 

Given that AMD doesn't run Physx I would say that it's safe to say that there recommendations are good. If you have a 290X and are not running Physx you will probably have no issue in the world running the game on Ultra. I understand the frustration though. This is pretty typical for the Batman games they are very hardware driven games. I find myself waiting for them to bundle the game with GTX980's before I upgrade. 

I doubt they will bundle batman arkham knight with GTX 960,970 and 980 or possibly Titan X

Because of their witcher bundle and then there is the fact of nvidia's bundles last 2-3 months and there is no time for them to say after the witcher 3 is released and the bundles end on May 31st then they'd have to get the next one set up right away.

There is still a possibility but don't get your hopes up ;)

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

I wonder what the 4K requirements for Ultra are

Just a guess:

3-Way SLI TITAN X

i7 2011-3 CPU

12-16gb ram

7000000000000GB of HHD space

I doubt they will bundle batman arkham knight with GTX 960,970 and 980 or possibly Titan X

Because of their witcher bundle and then there is the fact of nvidia's bundles last 2-3 months and there is no time for them to say after the witcher 3 is released and the bundles end on May 31st then they'd have to get the next one set up right away.

There is still a possibility but don't get your hopes up ;)

I think my chances are good they have done it for every other Batman game, Assassins Creed game. 

I think my chances are good they have done it for every other Batman game, Assassins Creed game. 

Yeah true :)

Given that AMD doesn't run Physx I would say that it's safe to say that there recommendations are good. If you have a 290X and are not running Physx you will probably have no issue in the world running the game on Ultra.

This is part of the problem. Selling out and making your game reliant on proprietary tech from one vendor you end up splitting the consumer base. It's bad for PC gaming which is based on choice and industry standards.

This is part of the problem. Selling out and making your game reliant on proprietary tech from one vendor you end up splitting the consumer base. It's bad for PC gaming which is based on choice and industry standards.

While it may be gimicky it still makes some things look really good. This is the main reason I've stuck with Nvidia all this time. That and right now a GTX980 is a stronger card then a 290 or 290x and runs cooler which my case will appreciate a Fractal Design Define R4.

While it may be gimicky it still makes some things look really good.

Yes but plenty of other engines do equivalent effects with their own tech and render them in hardware on all GPU brands without vendor lock in. This stuff is toxic to PC gaming. Remember it's not a hardware limitation, it's an artificial one.

Yes but plenty of other engines do equivalent effects with their own tech and render them in hardware on all GPU brands without vendor lock in. This stuff is toxic to PC gaming. Remember it's not a hardware limitation, it's an artificial one.

Amd Tomb Raider physx equiv doesn't work on Nvidia cards. I do agree it is toxic but it is what it is and w/o it I feel I would miss out on the full experience.

Amd Tomb Raider physx equiv doesn't work on Nvidia cards.

Please don't make misleading posts.

AMD created special effects use open compute languages which means they can be rendered in hardware on NVIDIA GPUs. That includes tressfx in tomb raider.

True for other gaming evolved titles as well. Another example- alien isolation. Read below.

Http://m.hardocp.com/article/2014/11/06/alien_isolation_video_card_performance_review#.VTs0yUa6bK0

AMD created special effects use open compute languages which means they can be rendered in hardware on NVIDIA GPUs. That includes tressfx in tomb raider.

True for other gaming evolved titles as well. Another example- alien isolation. Read below.

Http://m.hardocp.com/article/2014/11/06/alien_isolation_video_card_performance_review#.VTs0yUa6bK0

The point was that both chip makers tend to do things for different games. With Batman its historically been a Nvidia title so it will be optimized for that will have tech that there cards use that will be optimized for that. I've read posts that Tressfx would significantly reduce frames on Nvidia cards that used the tech where a mid range AMD card wouldn't be affected. Reminds me of Borderlands 2 where a Nvidia GPU would handle Physx fine but it would require a AMD card with a very strong processor to run Physx with decent settings. Its toxic as I mentioned before and I'm not defending either chip maker. I'm just stating that Nvidia isn't the only one who has dirty practices. Hopefully this game Arkham Knight will be awesome. Have never seen a game that would suggest Ultra settings recommendations. 

The point was that both chip makers tend to do things for different games. With Batman its historically been a Nvidia title so it will be optimized for that will have tech that there cards use that will be optimized for that. I've read posts that Tressfx would significantly reduce frames on Nvidia cards that used the tech where a mid range AMD card wouldn't be affected. Reminds me of Borderlands 2 where a Nvidia GPU would handle Physx fine but it would require a AMD card with a very strong processor to run Physx with decent settings. Its toxic as I mentioned before and I'm not defending either chip maker. I'm just stating that Nvidia isn't the only one who has dirty practices. Hopefully this game Arkham Knight will be awesome. Have never seen a game that would suggest Ultra settings recommendations. 

Amd Tomb Raider physx equiv doesn't work on Nvidia cards. I do agree it is toxic but it is what it is and w/o it I feel I would miss out on the full experience.

While it may be gimicky it still makes some things look really good. This is the main reason I've stuck with Nvidia all this time. That and right now a GTX980 is a stronger card then a 290 or 290x and runs cooler which my case will appreciate a Fractal Design Define R4.

You two are now just figthing

The point was that both chip makers tend to do things for different games. With Batman its historically been a Nvidia title so it will be optimized for that will have tech that there cards use that will be optimized for that.

I was merely correcting your claim that AMD doesn't allow their visual effects on Nvidia GPUs. They do.

I was merely correcting your claim that AMD doesn't allow their visual effects on Nvidia GPUs. They do.

hadn't realized they did.fair enough.