Replacing NH-D15 fans

Ahsan041

Are there any alternatives to the included fans in NH-D15? The alternative fans should not reduce the performance of the cpu cooler, at least not by much.

I don't see why not, as long as you can mount the fans on the heatsink with rubber anti-vibration and the metal hooks to the fan itself.

Silent wings

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Silent wings

You are talking about be quiet, right? I was thinking about them too, but will it affect the performance of the cpu cooler?

You are talking about be quiet, right? I was thinking about them too, but will it affect the performance of the cpu cooler?

between the cheapest fans and the most expensive ones you are looking at a 1-3c difference so no

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

between the cheapest fans and the most expensive ones you are looking at a 1-3c difference so no

Thanks mate. But do you mean that the 1-3c difference occurs if I put the silent wings instead of the already present noctua fans? then I am okay with that.

Thanks mate. But do you mean that the 1-3c difference occurs if I put the silent wings instead of the already present noctua fans? then I am okay with that.

yes and may be 1-3c lower even

yes and may be 1-3c lower even

The SW2 performs worse than NF-A15's.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The included fans are virtually silent and perform better than almost any fan out there.

The Noctua fans are the best around in my opinion.

But to answer your question, of course you can change the fans out.