Which GPU?

Sierra_7

Could anyone recommend a good card to pair with a C2Q (Q8300) without bottlenecking it, or vice versa. Don't need anything to mental, just enough to run games in native res (1440 by 900) on med/high settings. Preferably a low TDP & less than £100 used. Does a HD7770 fit the bill?

try to get a r7 265 but yes 7770 is also a good card

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

The r7 265 if possible but if your psu is crap then I'd go for a 750 ti.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

The HD7770 would be fine but I would get the R7 260X, the 260X is the current gen rebranded 7770 but it's about 5-10% faster. The 265 isn't worth buying IMO.

So basically for low TDP go with the 750 Ti, if I have a PSU upgrade go for a R9 card over an R7 card (are they the same gen?)? Thanks for the responses! :D

So basically for low TDP go with the 750 Ti, if I have a PSU upgrade go for a R9 card over an R7 card (are they the same gen?)? Thanks for the responses! :D

What PSU do you have? And R7 are pretty old.

What PSU do you have? And R7 are pretty old.

Something not even worth mentioning; ~350/400W I think but i don't really trust that figure, it should be good for a 80-100W card (probably).

Something not even worth mentioning; ~350/400W I think but i don't really trust that figure, it should be good for a 80-100W card (probably).

Well good brand 400W PSU will be enough for 750ti but if it is no brand PSU I would get new one, it is the most important part of your PC!

@pomaranc, The R7 and R9 aren't gens they are just what AMD classifies their entry level and high-end cards as ( The 2xx series was the first gen, the upcoming 3xx series will be the second).

Well good brand 400W PSU will be enough for 750ti but if it is no brand PSU I would get new one, it is the most important part of your PC!

I know! It's just some stock OEM dell thing liteon I think.... (Do as i say, not as i do? ;) )

The R7 and R9 aren't gens they are just what AMD classifys their entry level and high-end cards.

Right, I know nothing about AMD cards....

@pomaranc, The R7 and R9 aren't gens they are just what AMD classifys their entry level and high-end cards as.

Oh sorry got a bit confused :) although all AMD GPUs are pretty old :D

Anyway @Sierra_7 if you have no brand PSU I recommend you getting CX430M and 750ti.