Looking to buy a 980. Any suggestions?

Munken-

Hey guys I am looking around to buy a 980 soon. Right now I have the MSI Gaming 4G in mind and also the Windforce. I am also open to purchasing a different card, so please recommend. Also, try to keep it in the price range of $550-$570. If you need to go a little higher, that's fine.

I think the windforce will serve you well since it has a uber cooler on it ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Both are great cards, although I believe the Gigabyte G1 variant has more overclocking potential. Though the MSI one would fit in nicely (aesthetically) with your motherboard.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I would really recommend an r9 295x2 instead. Not much more expensive than a 980, but destroys it in terms of performance (it's not even close). For a lower price you could get two r9 290/Xs. Or, you could go for two 970s, but bare in mind that supporting AMD right now is a good idea as they aren't doing well and we really need them to be competitive.

What resolution are you playing at? If it's 1080p you should probably get a single 970 or 290x, you really don't need more than that and a 980 would still not provide a huge improvement.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I would seriously recommend either 2 x 970s or a 295x2 as the 980 is overpriced if only buying one.

2 970s outperform the 980 by miles for the price to performance compared.

What resolution are you playing at?

Only 1080p but planned upgrade.

I would really recommend an r9 295x2 instead. Not much more expensive than a 980, but destroys it in terms of performance (it's not even close). For a lower price you could get two r9 290/Xs. Or, you could go for two 970s, but bare in mind that supporting AMD right now is a good idea as they aren't doing well and we really need them to be competitive.

What resolution are you playing at? If it's 1080p you should probably get a single 970 or 290x, you really don't need more than that and a 980 would still not provide a huge improvement.

I will really look into this one. Thanks for giving your thoughts.

Yep, I have to agree with the guys saying a r9295x2, or dual 970s.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I run SLI MSI gtx 970s. GTX 980s, from any mfr, are currently in the low  $500s at best(ignore MIR offers). For an extra ~$100-120, you can have sli 970's that will destroy any single card solution.

gtx 970 ~ 329 - 389

gtx 980 ~ 529 - 800

Its like the audi s4 vs rs4. Get the s4, 90% of the performance for 60% of the cost. Better yet, get two.

Are you wanting an Nvidia card? If so, and with your budget, the Windforce would probably work well. If you can wait and if you'd be willing to go AMD, I would see how the 3xx series from AMD turns out.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Are you wanting an Nvidia card? If so, and with your budget, the Windforce would probably work well. If you can wait and if you'd be willing to go AMD, I would see how the 3xx series from AMD turns out.

I do want to go Nvidia. I will also look at AMD cards though.

They are all the same.

Get the cheapest one or the one you like the look of the best.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti