iSwitched to Windows?

Thinking back on the iSwitched to Mac series from Linus, I was wondering if any Mac users have done the same thing with Windows.

After a small search session, it look like no one has ever done this. Can this really be true? Maybe my google-fu is not that great, but I could not find anything.

Do any of you guys know of any? I think that it would be interesting to get an opinion from the other side of the fence.

I did find a small article with a Mac user trying the Win10 preview, but stopped reading as soon as he started complaining that the GUI of Win10 did not look very profesional, and that Mac did. The site in it self did not look very pro to me.

iMac 5K Retina 27" Display Overview - iSwitched Part 1:

No offence to mac users (I'm typing this on a macbook pro):

Most Mac user reviews of Windows PC's are filled with comparing how windows does things to how the Mac OS's superior methodology does things - and lots of complaining. So... I feel like most just never bother?

I just use both for different things, and don't complain. ::shrugs::

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Mac user who's never used Windows

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

"Windows is a terrible OS that is always crashing and getting viruses. Most of the time its installed on cheap crap hardware that never lasts as long as Macs do." - The reason why you never hear about iSwitched to Windows.

That was my impression too. To me it look like a lot of Windows users hate on Mac, but ALL Mac user hate on Windows. Meaning that some Windows user can make a good comperison to Mac (like Linus), but no Mac user can make a decent comparison to Windows.

That was my impression too. To me it look like a lot of Windows users hate on Mac, but ALL Mac user hate on Windows. Meaning that some Windows user can make a good comperison to Mac (like Linus), but no Mac user can make a decent comparison to Windows.

I have been using Windows since Win3.1 (3.1,95,98,2000,XP,7,8,8.1) and been using OS X since 10.4 (10.4-10.10) and also a little bit of Linux (mainly Ubuntu Server).

So I would like I have MUCH more experience than Linus on the OS X side and pretty much the same on the Windows side.

Windows is superior in large working environments (not saying that it is really a great experience though) and obviously you kinda need it to play games ...

For everything else (including small businesses ) OS X IMHO is just better, though one has to accept, that the choice of hardware to work with OS X is really limited.

Also most Mac users can make a decent comparision to Windows, because MOST Mac users come from Windows.

Though most hate from Windows users comes from people who haven't used OS X for much more than a couple minutes/hours.

Considering how many wrong statements and errors Linus made in his iSwitchted videos, I wouldn't really say that he has enough experience with OS X to make a good comparision. He spend some time on the iMac while still using Windows every day.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

and saying that all Mac users hate on Windows is just plain false.

a ) there are lots of users who use both (e.g. OS X for private stuff and Windows in the office)

B ) many just prefer OS X to Windows. If I prefer something, I don't have to hate something else.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Mac user who's never used Windows

Good point. But they could still try out Windows for a full month to really get into it.

"Windows is a terrible OS that is always crashing and getting viruses. Most of the time its installed on cheap crap hardware that never lasts as long as Macs do." - The reason why you never hear about iSwitched to Windows.

Where is that quote from? Sounds like what i Apple fanboy would tell themselves to feel better.

Good point. But they could still try out Windows for a full month to really get into it.

most of them have 'tried out' Windows for years.

most OSX haters probably haven't even used it for hours.

Where is that quote from? Sounds like what i Apple fanboy would tell themselves to feel better.

Pretty much, these are just the most common things I hear about Windows PC's so I grouped it together and made a quote out of it. I'm not quoting anybody specifically.

I have been using Windows since Win3.1 (3.1,95,98,2000,XP,7,8,8.1) and been using OS X since 10.4 (10.4-10.10) and also a little bit of Linux (mainly Ubuntu Server).

So I would like I have MUCH more experience than Linus on the OS X side and pretty much the same on the Windows side.

Windows is superior in large working environments (not saying that it is really a great experience though) and obviously you kinda need it to play games ...

For everything else (including small businesses ) OS X IMHO is just better, though one has to accept, that the choice of hardware to work with OS X is really limited.

Also most Mac users can make a decent comparision to Windows, because MOST Mac users come from Windows.

Though most hate from Windows users comes from people who haven't used OS X for much more than a couple minutes/hours.

Considering how many wrong statements and errors Linus made in his iSwitchted videos, I wouldn't really say that he has enough experience with OS X to make a good comparision. He spend some time on the iMac while still using Windows every day.

Sorry, I try not to generalize. What I ment was just that it is the impression I get when I'm surfing around the net.

When I talk to people in my daily life, and they want to buy a Macbook, iPhone or iPad, they talk about it like there was not even other options available. As if anyone would naturally want a Apple product over anything else. This (to me at least) seems like a very widespread mindset, and its also the impression I get in the web.

I know that a lot of people have Apple products and are not like this at all, but I think this is the kind of people that makes Apple SO profitable.

I think it never happens because Mac users probably used Windows before they switched to Mac. Most of the people I know now who use Mac, grew up using Windows so they really see no point in switching back or comparing.

Sorry, I try not to generalize. What I ment was just that it is the impression I get when I'm surfing around the net.

When I talk to people in my daily life, and they want to buy a Macbook, iPhone or iPad, they talk about it like there was not even other options available. As if anyone would naturally want a Apple product over anything else. This (to me at least) seems like a very widespread mindset, and its also the impression I get in the web.

I know that a lot of people have Apple products and are not like this at all, but I think this is the kind of people that makes Apple SO profitable.

There is a general "more expensive and pretty is better" when it comes to the technically/computer - challenged.

Most of my older friends (yes, I have 50 year olds as friends) that are not computer literate, think apple is the best.....because they are expensive.

The same goes for the younger generation. They grow up on iPhones and iPads... And hardly know anything about PCs, so they assume apple is better....because $$$$ and they like their i-product.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

There is a general "more expensive and pretty is better" when it comes to the technically/computer - challenged.

Most of my older friends (yes, I have 50 year olds as friends) that are not computer literate, think apple is the best.....because they are expensive.

The same goes for the younger generation. They grow up on iPhones and iPads... And hardly know anything about PCs, so they assume apple is better....because $$$$ and they like their i-product.

The younger generation will hopefully outgrow it, not so sure about the older.

I have literally confused people by telling them that a Android phone/tablet does more things than a iPhone/iPad.

Just to clarify: I have nothing against Apple or their products. Any company will demand the prices that they can sell the products for. And if the Apple ecosystem offers everything that you need and the premium price dont bother you, go ahead. They are good products. Just don't say that it is the best for everyone!

Just don't say that it is the best for everyone!

haha ... and you and some others want to convince the "dumb apple buyers" that the alternatives are better all the way :D

I have literally confused people by telling them that a Android phone/tablet does more things than a iPhone/iPad.

yeah ... you can fuck around with Android (especially when it is rooted), but do you really have to? I mean tell me five essential/usefull things you can do with your Android device and can't on your iPhone/iPad.