What is the best torrent downloading software?

Thenothing

Just wondering what is the best torrent downloading software on window 8.1 and when is window 10 coming out?

We don't do nun' of that 'round here, bro. LegitTechTips.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

We don't do nun' of that 'round here, bro. LegitTechTips.

Its not against CoC. He's talking about the actual P2P client, you know, so you can download all your Linux ISOs via bittorrent  :D.

PS: My favorite standalone client for the moment is Deluge.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

U torrent would be fine for any platform

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

Most are fine. 

I've used uTorrent but have started to use Deluge recently instead. 

I would advise anyone who still uses μTorrent to stop doing so. I remember there being talks about the ads possibly being targeted and/or collecting data.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I would advise anyone who still uses μTorrent to stop doing so. I remember there being talks about the ads possibly being targeted. and or collecting data.

Exactly this. I forgot why I stopped.. So, deluge! (or Transmission, if you're on a mac)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Exactly this. I forgot why I stopped.. So, deluge! (or Transmission, if you're on a mac)

Deluge has an official Unix and Mac compiled release. Just an FYI.

BitTorrent & uTorrent seem popular and are both the same afaik... be careful with the installation tho there's a lot of adware.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

A lot of torrent clients these days have cryptocurrency miners hidden in them.

Pay for your games and support games development (the good ones at least)

That said, the best torrent downloader is the Steam client. Its packed full of features that no other downloader can ever hope to compete with.

Also Windows 10 will be out, when its out. You get to upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have a legitimate copy of Windows 7 or 8.

Huh? You can download .torrent files with steam?

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

A lot of torrent clients these days have cryptocurrency miners hidden in them.

Pay for your games and support games development (the good ones at least)

That said, the best torrent downloader is the Steam client. Its packed full of features that no other downloader can ever hope to compete with.

Also Windows 10 will be out, when its out. You get to upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have a legitimate copy of Windows 7 or 8.

FOSS torrent clients have no such thing. Also using a p2p client does not = piracy. 

Thats like saying everyone who has a Usenet subscription is pirate, we all know that's not true. 

I personally would recommend qBittorrent, after the crypto-mining scandal with utorrent, this is the closest thing without any ads.

Transmission -QT

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I've used deluge for sometime, but I find it lacks certain bitorrent feature, problem with bitorrent is that it is full of ads and bloatware, but version 2.2.1 isn't, so I use this

qBittorrent is what I use whenever I need to. I have heard good things about deluge as well. No point in using uTorrent/Bittorrent b/c they are all adware now pretty much.

Huh? You can download .torrent files with steam?

He is just an idiot and assumes that you can only download copyrighted stuff with torrent clients.

He means that you should be using steam to download your games (means you pay for them) instead torrent client (not paying for them)

Curing shitposts by shitposts