Which controller for gaming?

slifer

I'm looking for a controller for pc gaming, preferably wireless. But wired would be fine too.

I'm currently looking at:

1) Ps4 controller

2) Xbox one controller

3) Xbox 360 controller

4) Razer controller

Any one have other suggestions?

Depends on your hands and preference. Xbox 360 seems to be most popular, but I personally like the shape of the PS4 controller. Go and try them out at gamestop or something.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Depends. I am biased towards the PS4 controller.

PS4 has a god tier D-pad and very smooth sticks. I think it is a very nice controller in general.

Xbox has a different layout that some people prefer. Has inherent compatibility with windows.

Please don't buy a Razer controller.

PS4 controller doesn't work in games without use of button mapping software, whereas 360/One controllers can be plugged in and works right away in any game with controller support. I have a 360 and an Xbox One controller and overall I prefer the Xbox One, but not by much.

I'm mostly playing GTA V.. I want the controller for driving :P people said its a better experience will the ps4 be compatible ? or shouild i get the xbone?

I'm mostly playing GTA V.. I want the controller for driving :P people said its a better experience will the ps4 be compatible ? or shouild i get the xbone?

why not just get a wheel?

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

why not just get a wheel?

it'll be too in the way when i game sadly..

I actually choose my third party PS3 controller over my Xbox 360 controllers because it feels so much better to me, and that's coming from someone who thinks the 360's controller is one of the best first party controllers ever made.

I use that along with x360ce so the games will recognize it as a normal xbox 360 controller. It's not exactly an intuitive solution, and sometimes you have to improvise. Still, if you're willing to go through with the trial and error (depending on the game), it's worth it when you get to playing with it imo

This isn't really meant to be taken as a "do this instead!" comment, but just another idea being brought to the table. :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Correct me if im wrong but only ps3 and ps4 controllers work wirelessly(bluetooth) on pc not xbox ones?

If thats true then I would recommend ps4 controller.....

So basically I already have a fat ps3, so I could just easily take a ps3 controller to use, but I guess its kinda "old" technology and not as appealing, so maybe the Ps4 will be better for me? But then you guys mentioned that the xbox controllers would be compatible with the pc out of the box...

I preffer 360 controller

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

is this topic still going?

go for logitech

Logitech_Gaming_Pad_F310-F510-F710.jpg

i prefer the F510, it has the rumbling over the F310 and wired, F710 is for wireless though

is this topic still going?

go for logitech

Logitech_Gaming_Pad_F310-F510-F710.jpg

i prefer the F510, it has the rumbling over the F310 and wired, F710 is for wireless though

Have you used these yourself? And which games did you play on it?

Have you used these yourself? And which games did you play on it?

yep, i use it since 2013 the F510

i played ps2 games (emulator of course), racing games, hack and slash, rpgs

things that keyboard and mouse doesn't quite cut it

i got a ps4 controller not sure about instant control setups

i always use the 360 one only cuz it works with almost all games out of the box no setup needed

If what you mentioned is too much, the Logitech F310 would be a fine choice at $20 or less.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

The great thing about the Logitech pads is the individual D-pad buttons, making them a top choice for 2D platformers and other games where you want to use D-pad over an analog stick.

I used a wired xbox 360 for several years (love that long cable) but upgraded to the xbone controller as soon as the windows drivers were released. My opinion, xbox one controller > 360 controller. The only downside is the micro-usb cable that isn't attached to the controller. 

I've used a logitech controller at a friends house, idk which one it was, but didn't like it all. Maybe because I wasn't used to it.

I'd suggest a 360 controller if you arent using it for many games. It's way cheaper and gets the job done well.

Intel i5-6600K, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus MAXIMUS VIII Gene, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, GTX 1080 EVGA FTW, Thermaltake Core v21, Seasonic M12II 850W

If you play alot of emulators from the 16 bit era ps4, if you mostly focus on modern stuff xbo.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

What are the main differences between the one and the 360?

not to much to be honest on PC it just feels better and I have had god awful dependability issues with 360 controllers over the years, XBO is currently not wireless but its getting that functionality around the time win 10 comes out, all the buttons imo feel higher quality too the only real complaint I have is taking it apart looks like a bitch if you need to that being said xbox 360 cons use t5 screens so they can be a bitch too. Games for windows live ones used to use philps head but I dunno if they still do. The only complaint I have about the XBO con is  you like...cannot readjust your fingers on LB/RB and keep the button pressed down, which blows.

The triggers rumble on the XBO controler from what I can tell that currently doesnt work on PC im hoping it gets it one day snice its a nice feature but currently nothing, I just looked it up apparently iy can work but the game needs to be coded for it to have the trigger rumble.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit