Is GTX 970 still worth it with the 3.5 Vram issue?

IMadeYouReadThis
Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,

Yes.

The 3.5GB of vram "issue" is not that big of a deal, people just took the little mole hill and turned it into something larger than mt. Everest.

I have the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming, at 1080p it is amazing, I have had 0 problems with the VRAM issue, even when playing skyrim with 80+ mods, most of which are purely graphical.

Is GTX 970 still worth it with the 3.5 Vram issue?

CPU: Intel i7 4700 GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 Storage: 1TB Western Blue RAM: 8 GB GDDR3 Operating Software: Windows 10 Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W Case: Shitty HP Case From Old Pre Built PC
<p>

Yes, the issue does not matter unless you on like 5k

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Or 4k with high settings while using SLI

Sig under construction.

Yes absolutely, provided that you don't think that you will go over the 3.5gb frame buffer. However if you plan to do 1080p gaming on high/ultra settings this will not be an issue.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

or 1440p occasionally

i would suggest a 290x jut becasue its both cheaper and has better opencl while performing the same in gaming

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes, it's negligible unless you're on 4K. That's when you start experiencing some downfalls.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Yes.

The 3.5GB of vram "issue" is not that big of a deal, people just took the little mole hill and turned it into something larger than mt. Everest.

I have the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming, at 1080p it is amazing, I have had 0 problems with the VRAM issue, even when playing skyrim with 80+ mods, most of which are purely graphical.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well, as I just learned, you better not be hoping to play GTA V smoothly.

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab

Well, as I just learned, you better not be hoping to play GTA V smoothly.

Luke's benchmarks on his latest video (vessel) beg to differ.

It's a great 1080p card, yes. However, personally at 1440p and above I'd look at the 290X. However, at 1440p the 970 is still no slouch

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W