Should I SLI or wait for pascal

GTA V performance on my GPU has me thinking it's time for a bit more GPU, I waswondering should I get a second hand card for SLI, I just have a few questions, should I go second hand or new, if second hand where would the bst place be to get one, can I run SLI 780's I have a 750w xfx PSU, ASUS maximus ranger, i7 4790k and a ZOTAC 780 amp? If you could help me out would be greatly appreciated thank you

Here is your answer:

Do you need more graphical horsepower right now? If so, go for SLI.

If it can wait, then wait for pascal.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The 780 can SLI on that power supply with a light overclock. Most people would recommend 850W but you're still within a safe level of efficiency at 750W as long as you don't have insane overclocks.

You could SLI but it would mainly benefit you on 1080p and 1440p, VRAM would likely become a limitation on 4K. Pascal may be more 4K capable, up to you. Are you going to adopt 4K or stay at a lower res for now?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

tahiti man

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

tahiti man

Tahiti is a generation backwards, what are you smoking?

The 780 can SLI on that power supply with a light overclock. Most people would recommend 850W but you're still within a safe level of efficiency at 750W as long as you don't have insane overclocks.

You could SLI but it would mainly benefit you on 1080p and 1440p, VRAM would likely become a limitation on 4K. Pascal may be more 4K capable, up to you. Are you going to adopt 4K or stay at a lower res for now?

I plan on staying 1080p for a while, but I would like the option of 4k in the future, if I were to wait and go for the 980ti instead would I be better off instead of SLI 780's at least then I would have the ability to SLI 980ti in the far future

Trinidad?

the 390x is tahiti supposedly $700 and more powerful than a titan X

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I plan on staying 1080p for a while, but I would like the option of 4k in the future, if I were to wait and go for the 980ti instead would I be better off instead of SLI 780's at least then I would have the ability to SLI 980ti in the far future

A single 980 Ti may be able to handle 4K better than dual 780s if VRAM is legitimately 6GB, but there are a couple factors that could play in.

1) If DX12 recognizes multiple cards with individual pools of VRAM, giving the 780 SLI 6GB.

2) If the GTX 980 Ti is equipped with 6GB, which it probably will but I don't think specs are officially announced.

The 780 is really good for 1080p right now, you could wait until the 980 Ti launch to decide, but it's up to you.

the 390x is tahiti supposedly $700 and more powerful than a titan X

Isint 390x supposedly Fiji XT?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

A single 980 Ti may be able to handle 4K better than dual 780s if VRAM is legitimately 6GB, but there are a couple factors that could play in.

1) If DX12 recognizes multiple cards with individual pools of VRAM, giving the 780 SLI 6GB.

2) If the GTX 980 Ti is equipped with 6GB, which it probably will but I don't think specs are officially announced.

The 780 is really good for 1080p right now, you could wait until the 980 Ti launch to decide, but it's up to you.

How do you know there is even going to be a 980ti?

Isint 390x supposedly Fiji XT?

*facepalm* yes you are correct

was tahiti the 7000 series?

Yeah

Yea... that's why I said it was a generation backwards.

How do you know there is even going to be a 980ti?

Sort of unofficially announced, I'm shocked you haven't heard. It's basically the GM200 core with 6GB of VRAM if rumors are correct, but these are rumors.

Sort of unofficially announced, I'm shocked you haven't heard. It's basically the GM200 core with 6GB of VRAM if rumors are correct, but these are rumors.

explains it

I have heard. But you see

"Unofficial"

"Rumors"

That is sorta like Intel being at 10GHZ right now

Tahiti was 7870, 7950 and 7970

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM